Conspiracy?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warriorjon

Conspiracy?

Post by warriorjon »

I appreciate it is extremely frustrating when calls go against us but more often than not over the course of the season these calls seem to even out. At the end of the day it is for the coaching staff to complain and their silence speaks volumes. Think rather than curse our luck think we should remain optomistic as this is when the 50-50 calls seem to go for us. It is often the form teams that seem to get the rub of the green and that "lucky" bounce of the ball and it seems our form is improving so hopefully these calls will start to go our way again. Think it is important to accept the refs calls as part of the best sport in the world that is rugby league.
Welski

Re: Conspiracy?

Post by Welski »

I was being somewhat tongue in cheek about a conspiracy but I have to say the standard of refereeing has dropped...even Russell Smith has the occasional nightmare these days...

Mr Cummings in charge - Standards fall ...any connection there perhaps?
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Deltic3

Re: Re: Conspiracy?

Post by Deltic3 »

i have just watched Boots n All and stevo is doing his nut over ganson making his own rules up.

I won't sinbin you if you behave for ten minutes - what a bloody joke!
AJ

Re: Re: Re: Conspiracy?

Post by AJ »

stevo is right to do his nut, its not so often i think stevo is spot on but with this he is!

last night for example, johnson nearly knocked furner back to wigan, but burrow gets penalised for appealing against being held down

the standard of refering is cr@p to be blunt, and the refs in general and mr ganson in particular need to get in gear quickly, the magnificnet athletes in SL deserve better than they are currently getting from officials!
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
DaveO

Re: Re: Re: Re: Conspiracy?

Post by DaveO »

AJ posted:
stevo is right to do his nut, its not so often i think stevo is spot on but with this he is!

last night for example, johnson nearly knocked furner back to wigan, but burrow gets penalised for appealing against being held down
Burrows had been warned not to keep asking for penalties and ignored the warning.

Do you want the players back-chatting to the refs all the time as they do in football?

On this particualr incident Ganson has my support and I am sure a rule can be found that applies such as dissent.

As to the Johnson high shot, if he missed seeing it he can't penalise it, same with Baily's knees into Tickle.

Now you may question just how he missed either incident but then no ref goes through a game and spots everything everytime.

So to try and say by not penalising a more serious offence and then penalising Burrows shows him to to be in the wrong or incompetent is not fair really as the two incidents are not IMO linked.

Dave
warriorjon

Re: Conspiracy?

Post by warriorjon »

The only thing that really annoys me is a lack of consistacy. If we get consistency then we are half way to putting things right.
Deltic3

Re: Re: Conspiracy?

Post by Deltic3 »

HERE HERE!

I fthey were consistently crap you could understand - however they go from the sublime to the ridiculous.
pk

Re: Re: Re: Re: Conspiracy?

Post by pk »

ganson is a joke, talkin allllllll the time if i were playin id wnat to give him a smack...scouse git
warriorjon

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Conspiracy...

Post by warriorjon »

I think it is important that a ref does talk to the players as i know from experience you know where you stand, and it sets you boundries and also means you can keep track of where he is without actually looking. Dont like how familliar they are though but i think they are trying to stamp that out as well.