Next Years Forwards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Next Years Forwards

Post by nathan_rugby »

Well Seu Seu is definatly going so somebody will replace him. I think it will be either hargreaves or danny scully. I personally would love scully. Noble will disicpline him and we need a prop who is good at offloading. I dont see hargreaves as a good player. Never seems to be hard to tackle or make impact.
How old is scott logan ? he will be going this year or next and that opens the door for another prop to come in.
Hock will definatly be one of our 2nd rowers along with fletcher who may go this year or next.
What do you think.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
- psycho -

Re: Next Years Forwards

Post by - psycho - »

nathan_rugby posted:
Well Seu Seu is definatly going so somebody will replace him. I think it will be either hargreaves or danny scully. I personally would love scully. Noble will disicpline him and we need a prop who is good at offloading. I dont see hargreaves as a good player. Never seems to be hard to tackle or make impact.
How old is scott logan ? he will be going this year or next and that opens the door for another prop to come in.
Hock will definatly be one of our 2nd rowers along with fletcher who may go this year or next.
What do you think.
hock and fletcher, higham (maybe newton if the rumours are true) feka and logan, o'loughlin. tickle's days are numbered i know that for a fact, it isnt even dificult to see.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

- psycho - posted:
nathan_rugby posted:
What do you think.
hock and fletcher, higham (maybe newton if the rumours are true) feka and logan, o'loughlin. tickle's days are numbered i know that for a fact, it isnt even dificult to see.
no mention of fielden???? :exc: :eh:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

mike binder posted:
- psycho - posted:
nathan_rugby posted:
What do you think.
no mention of fielden???? :exc: :eh:
sorry mike, my brain has been left in ' the da vinci code' from this mornings read. still trying to work out who the teacher is. fielden would be a satisfying addition...........nothing more.......nothing less............... :lol: bring on the fielden!!!!

- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

Flash posted:
tickle's days are numbered i know that for a fact
Have you heard something, Psycho?
my source who told me about johnson signing ages ago (though the bulls stepped in, apart from that it was a done deal), ive heard tickle will be moving on.

chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

forwards next year:

Props: Logan, Feka, Feilden, Morley
Hookers: Higham, Godwin, Newton
Second rowers: Johnson, Fletcher, Hansen, Hock
Loose: O'loughlin, (Fletcher)

idealy
To be the best
you have to beat the best
Martin WWRFL

Post by Martin WWRFL »

next years pack if i'm being ambitious:

Feka newton Feilden

Hock Fletcher

Lockers

Subs:Logan,hill,johnson and a new kiwi to take jerry's place

I'd let james,wilkes,tickle,hargreaves and presscott go.oh an jerry is goin too.

To be honest since fletcher has come he has really underperformed. So if we could i'd let him go and bring in a new aussie centre like adam MacDougall or a scrum half to play with barrett.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

I’m mystified by Tickle. He came to the front so strong, I remember him breaking down the right centre at Old Trafford in the final out pacing the cover defence to score a great try. I had every confidence he would make it to the line and proclaimed this guy is going to be a great player.

Wrong again!

adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Wasn't letting all the player go what got Wigan into this mess in the first place. Now people want a whole new squad who will probably take another year to fit in. We should try and keep people like Jordan James and maybe Wilkes for next season in case people get injured if we have a season without any injuries then we loan them out like the other clubs do.

Leeds and Saints have been doing this for years, they bring new players in but try and keep hold of as many as possible just incase this new player doesn't fit in and then if the player does fit in one or two season later they can sell the player who has been replaced.

Would Wigan be bottom of the League now if they had kept Luke Robinson for one more season to see how Moran played ?
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

adrenalinxx posted:
Would Wigan be bottom of the League now if they had kept Luke Robinson for one more season to see how Moran played ?
But would Robinson have been happy being number 2 and perhaps not playing much at Wigan when he could be number 1 choice elsewhere? Having come through the ranks he would have expected the number 7 shirt when Lam retired - would he have been happy to wait another 2 years?

Similarly Briscoe, who could have been waiting for about 3 years for his big chance before Rads' retirement?

And Wild was being moved around so much, no-one could remember where his best position was supposed to be but he was struggling wherever he played, with a large number of spectators on his back (lots of criticism on this message board).

These players want to play, not just to warm the benchs or train.

And with all the suggestions that the players are unhappy, it's worth mentioning that there were rumours of that when Robinson was at the club, with him allegedly the cause. Do you want players in the club who are perhaps affecting the spirit and morale of the squad?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]