Calderwood back for Leeds game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Calderwood back for Leeds game

Post by GeoffN »

according to today's Wigan Reporter. Also, McAvoy's loan has been extended another month.
adrenalinxx

Re: Calderwood back for Le...

Post by adrenalinxx »

I would play Richards in the centre and Calderwood on the wing except when Wigan are attacking close to the line when I would put Richards on the wing and put Calderwood somewhere else. Richards scores most of his tries from close to the line either powering over and catching from kicks were as Calderwood scores most of hsi tries from long distance.

stevocod

Post by stevocod »

Why not interchange wingers, after all we interchange forwards. If Dallas/Richards aren't scoring or linking well with the centres, try Calders. After all Dallas is retiring at the end of the season and we need to keep this guy's confidence if he will be starting next year alongside Bailey/Vaeliki or another centre bar Vaeliki before someone lambasts my comment!! :D
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

stevocod posted:
Why not interchange wingers, after all we interchange forwards. If Dallas/Richards aren't scoring or linking well with the centres, try Calders. After all Dallas is retiring at the end of the season and we need to keep this guy's confidence if he will be starting next year alongside Bailey/Vaeliki or another centre bar Vaeliki before someone lambasts my comment!! :D
Forwards are going to interchanged at some point during a match Winger and centres are not. If you put a Winger on the bench then they might not get a game and thats a sub wasted.
stevocod

Post by stevocod »

So you suggest an all forwards bench then? That's riduculous, what if a back gets injured? Considering our situation anythings worth a shot lol!
jimofwigan

Post by jimofwigan »

stevocod posted:
So you suggest an all forwards bench then? That's riduculous, what if a back gets injured? Considering our situation anythings worth a shot lol!
PHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!A Wigan coach spoilt for choice------------------What next?????????????? May be win a match :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

that sounds good stevo cod. a bench of - seu seu, hargreaves, godwin and claderwood/dallas/richards. play mcavoy int he cntres and drop vaealiki. play goulding int he cntres as they both look quite strong and are pairing up well with their wingers. then interchange wingers as well as forwards. if a centre is udnerperforming then put richards there. drop tickle as his performances have been bad. or keep tickle and drop hargreaves. something along thos elines.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
stevocod

Post by stevocod »

Ooh do i sense sarcasm!! I'm sure that if the backs and forwards have the same impactual effect we can draw each others strength and pull together as a unit.
Champions

Post by Champions »

- psycho - posted:
that sounds good stevo cod. a bench of - seu seu, hargreaves, godwin and claderwood/dallas/richards. play mcavoy int he cntres and drop vaealiki. play goulding int he cntres as they both look quite strong and are pairing up well with their wingers. then interchange wingers as well as forwards. if a centre is udnerperforming then put richards there. drop tickle as his performances have been bad. or keep tickle and drop hargreaves. something along thos elines.
Must say, I agree with this. Though if I'm honest I can't see Goulding being chosen over Vaeliki, (even though he may be doing a better job, I just can't see Nobby doing it) plus no ones found out how Goulding is after being forced off with a shoulder injury during the saints game.
........and on the 8th day, God made Wigan Warriors!
stevocod

Post by stevocod »

To be fair how many games has he had to prove himself or be accustomised to the first team or even play on the correct side. Again we jump down the throats of youngsters, when they need backing and encouraging to have that confidence and belief that their place is meritted.