harrison hansen?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
- psycho -

harrison hansen?

Post by - psycho - »

according tot he official site, he is now fully fit and calderwood still around a week or 2 away.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
waterside glens

Re: harrison hansen?

Post by waterside glens »

hansen played for the 21,s last week and came through it fine
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

how did he play?

Champions

Post by Champions »

- psycho - posted:
how did he play?
He played alright. Could tell he wasn't 100% but came through it. I reckon he played for about 50 mins in total.
........and on the 8th day, God made Wigan Warriors!
stevocod

Post by stevocod »

I reckon give him another week before rushing him back. The last thing we need is another injury.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Flash posted:
Does anyone know if Hansen has ever played centre? Given Nobby's penchent for interchangable centres/2nd rows it seems to me that Harrison would be a prime candidate. I've always been of the opinion he could go well in the centres.
Don't know but it would an interseting pick
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

He is fairly agile for a big guy, good pace, his defence is solid, does he have the rugby brain though? not that our current centres seem to have that anyway :conf:
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

he seems to be very good prospect. i think we should keep hold of him because he was better than tickle before he got injured, infact he was one of my favourites ebfore getting injured. i think he could play centre to. he reminds me of PJ, not short of pace, good tackler, strong runner and can play multiple positions.

stevocod

Post by stevocod »

All fine points and he is a talented player. But can he link well with a winger to draw the defense and create the space. I think we should keep it simple, but effective for now. As I said in another thread I think the Dallas switch could work or interchanging wingers to see wing/centre combinations work before Bailey arrives, but i think Hansen should replace Tickle.
stevocod

Post by stevocod »

The_Bad_Guy posted:
give tickle a chance as i said on another thread after a great season younger players will often have an average year.

but he is worth the wait. he can play prop if needs be, a great goal kicker and a big second row prospect
I'm not saying drop him altogether, but rest him or interchange with Hansen. I somehow think given the burdening of so many games because of injuries, he needs resting a bit and maybe he can concentrate on other things like general play and his goal kicking.