Wigan Attacking

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Wigan Attacking

Post by nathan_rugby »

Right i have watched wigan all year and there attack is just as bad as there defence. One thing i have seen is our forwards run direct off micky highams pass from hooker. This isnt good and we should run our forwards off orr or dobson which will create more yards.
Also i think feka should run a bit faster when recieving the ball he seems almost at a standstill when getting it.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
madmick

Re: Wigan Attacking

Post by madmick »

the problem i can see at the moment,is that the forwards are not big enough! and the backs lack imagination!
:sly:
stevocod

Post by stevocod »

madmick posted:
the problem i can see at the moment,is that the forwards are not big enough! and the backs lack imagination!
Maybe sporadic but at least Orr scored one and set up Ashton for another and worked hard in defense despite critisism from some members on this board.
madmick

Post by madmick »

i've got to be honest! i listened to the match on 5 live extra! and when leeds scored 4 tries in 13mins i turned it off! i just could not listened to another embarrasing thrashing! :sly: :sly: :eusa4: :eusa16:
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

stevocod posted:
madmick posted:
Maybe sporadic but at least Orr scored one and set up Ashton for another and worked hard in defense despite critisism from some members on this board.
Credit where credit's due. Orr shone for about 20 minutes tonight, which is a vast improvement. Still not good enough for a guy into his 3rd year though.
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

nathan_rugby posted:
Right i have watched wigan all year and there attack is just as bad as there defence. One thing i have seen is our forwards run direct off micky highams pass from hooker. This isnt good and we should run our forwards off orr or dobson which will create more yards.
Also i think feka should run a bit faster when recieving the ball he seems almost at a standstill when getting it.
Don't think attack is the problem 22 points with a good defence would win a game so I think the defence need to improve alot. Attack close to the line needs abit of work though
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

adrenalinxx posted:
nathan_rugby posted:
Don't think attack is the problem 22 points with a good defence would win a game so I think the defence need to improve alot. Attack close to the line needs abit of work though
As well as discipline. I didn't count but we must have been well into double figures of penalties conceded for high tackles and lying on after the tackle.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

I didnt listen or watch game but without a doubt it would have been logan, fletcher and lockers who conceded them penalties.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

nathan_rugby posted:
I didnt listen or watch game but without a doubt it would have been logan, fletcher and lockers who conceded them penalties.
Spot on there, Logan and Fletcher gave away the most, I think O'Loughlin only gave away one.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

nathan_rugby posted:
If you didn't watch or listen to the game can you really comment? Or did you just read my post that listed those three players?