Re: Ainscough to go????

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
rach15

Re: Re: Ainsco...

Post by rach15 »

Thats a bit harsh Feeona!!
O'loughlins number 1 fan!!
feeona

Re: Re: Re: Ainsco...

Post by feeona »

Sorry. Just feel strongly about it. He's paid to do a job and whether he has the skill or not he's just not meeting the standard. When does his contract end by the way? Do you think he'll be resigned?
MrsLam

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ainsco...

Post by MrsLam »

I think hes completely the opposite, hes very fast after the balls been kicked and I really dont think he should go. I think a lot of people decided last year they didnt like him and arent going to give him a chance.
Hope he stays.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
rach15

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ainsco...

Post by rach15 »

Good to see someone saying something positive about him most of the messages on here have been negative!
O'loughlins number 1 fan!!
feeona

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ainsco...

Post by feeona »

But if you watch othe rsuper league teams and games from the nrl you'll soon realise how below average Ainscough is. I mean compare him to gilmour, calderwood, senior, vainikolo (cant spell his name etc. He's poor.
You have to admit also that he never jumps for a high ball allowing the attacking player to claim the ball and either score or luckily fumble it.
And no one can forget last season at home against widnes when he twice ran the length of the field only to stop just short of the line for no reason and either run sideways or just stop. It was very strange and one of these days his irratic behaviour will be costly.
He does have the skills of a great player, great handliing and pace but fails to show them often.
John M

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ai...

Post by John M »

What an absolute load of bull Feeona.You have your opinion thats fine but most of what you say is totally opposite to the real Ainscough.He has let one try in by dropping a cross field kick on a rainy,wet night i may add,now you say he never jumps for the ball after one dropped ball.You say he never chases back for 40/20's,didnt he do just that the other week? i think it was against Widnes he let the ball bounce near touch and when he saw it going over the 20M line he palmed it back inside.He doesnt need to chase back because his positioning is usually spot on on the 5th tackle.Why the hell do you compare him to Senior? Senior is a centre! Also,Ainscoughs defence is absolutely brilliant for a winger.How many trys have we conceeded on that wing when Ainscough has been on the field? Not that many! We conceed most on the other wing when Carney is sucked in off his wing!

Ainscough is a very good player.No one is saying hes a Steve Renouf,Brett Kenny or a Martin Offiah,they where once in a lifetime players but Ainscough is our best winger at the moment IMO and hes also a player who plays on confidence,when his confidence is up then he plays well.I bet you wasnt calling him when he left Vaikona for dead against Bradford,nor when he saved our ar5es in the CC final on a few occasions with his good defence.
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!
MrsLam

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re...

Post by MrsLam »

I wont reply back to your message feeona, I dont think you need anymore shouting at!!
Im agreeing with john though on this one, I suppose he must just be a player you either love or hate.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
AJ

Post by AJ »

his contact is up @ the end of season

dont think he will get a new one, after chairman did his - i think jamie is retiring so he isnt getting a new contract speech
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
feeona

Post by feeona »

Against Castleford and Wakefield away this season he just let the ball run out for a 40/20 and against Widnes away he did absolutely nothing until the second half.
I was comparing him to Senior becuase Ainscough's position alternates between centre and wing.
The number of times last season a kick went up on the last and he was out of position totally missing the ball allowing the winger to simply catch the ball and run it in. It was so frustrating.
Yes he scored a brilliant try against Bradford but Graham set that up with a neat pass which could have been finished off by any half decent winger.
Sorry I just thing he's nothing special, makes a fair few mistakes and our money would be better spent on a youngster. That way we can pay for a better stand off.
ian.birchall

Re: Ainscough to go????

Post by ian.birchall »

The sooner the better
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.