angry

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the_cow

angry

Post by the_cow »

went to the wigan and game last night and firstly (and most importantly) very happy about the win and the performance.

i became a rugby league convert about 4 years ago- my mate had a spare season ticket so i started to go with him and fell in love with the game- enjoyed the atmosphere.

i try to go to most home games and some away. i normally drag along a friend for company and buy their ticket for them as alot of my friends arent big fans and are more into footy- after their experience last nite i dont think many will bother going again tho they all said theyd enjoyed the game.

normally i sit middle of the east stand about half way up- dont have a fixed seat but try to stay within the same rough area, just to the right of the centre line.

anyway, its my birthday monday 26th- im 21- so i decided to take a number of friends (6) to the wire game and my parents paid for the tickets- 3 had not been before to a rugby league game. i got 4 seats on one row and 3 in front. i preordered the seats over a month ago.

upon arriving at our seats, some guy informed us that he had bought some of the seats on season tickets but i checked the tickets and we were in the right place. so this guy moved along the row so as not to cause a hassle which was fine. just before kick off the people who had actually bought the ticket he was sat in then arrived so he moved to his correct seat causing all of us to have to move along and then my friend had to move down three rows to an empty seat as there wasnt any free near us- obviously someone was sat in the wrong seat somewhere along the line- but this wasnt the issue anyway, tho it was an inconvience not having all my mates together.

when we rejiggling seats the game kicked off and so we were blocking the view of the 2 young couples behind us- this could have only been for 45 secs max. anyway these people behind us started mouthing off about us being in the wrong seat and "someone else normally sits there" (where were these people then???). i just ignored them and got on with watching the game and nothing more was said.

just into the second half i stood up cheering at one point and when i sat down i noticed there was a coffee cup on the top of my seat, so i just put it onto the floor thinking nothing of it.

upon leaving the ground later my friend informed me i had a large brown stain down the back of my jeans which looked like id had an 'accident'. so it dawned on me that these supposed wigan fans had obviously taken revenge for the incident at the start by pouring cold hot choc down the back of my chair- i cant see it being an accident as it would be difficult to drop the cup onto the closed chair.

anyway this ruined my night and i had to get a taxi home (costing an extra few quid) to change before going out in manchester for the night

im quite angry with what has happened and will be contacting the ground to complain. im no saint by all means and have been told off for swearing before, but thats due to me getting overexcitable. however im furious that some wigan fan has done this to another wigan fan. after reading on here about a number of other incidents that has happened im starting to have doubts about the image i have got of wigan rl as a 'nice' club.

im also very tempted to purchase those seats again and see if the same people are sat behind me again so i can extract my own revenge- but then i think id just get a ban from the ground which would solve nothing.
NOBLE OUT PLEASE- YOU'VE HAD TIME AND NOW MY PATIENCE HAS RUN OUT!

IT'S ONE THING TO LOSE, IT'S ANOTHER TO PLAY DIRE AND BORING RL AND THEN LOSE!
ancientnloyal

Re: angry

Post by ancientnloyal »

The issue of the seats is that season ticket holder seats automatically get rubbed off the box office tickets and will not be 'printed' eg... Row X Seat 283 will not be printed if a season ticket holder has it. The same with online purchases, these are sent out via post and are unavailable at the turnstiles.

Only 1 ticket is issued per seat and if someone reckoned they were in a wrong seat then there was a serious problem. The tickets gained at the turnstiles are the left over printed tickets that havent been sold online or at the boxoffice.

you were treated wrongly by the people behind you and hopefully there was a minority of wigan fans who'd do such a thing. ie, people who go to matches to chat up lads etc... u know the like.

hope yur birthday went ok after the wigan match though
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Likely_Lad

Post by Likely_Lad »

Don't take this the wrong way, as the people who did that to you acted childishly and were clearly in the wrong. But to be fair, I would get pretty angry if someone blocked my view for 45 seconds and it just isn't on.
The poster formerly knows as Wizard_Millward.

I wasn't as fit or strong as before but my two biggest muscles still worked - my heart and my head - Kris Radlinski.
Wayne's World

Post by Wayne's World »

the_cow posted:
went to the wigan and game last night and firstly (and most importantly) very happy about the win and the performance.

i became a rugby league convert about 4 years ago- my mate had a spare season ticket so i started to go with him and fell in love with the game- enjoyed the atmosphere.

i try to go to most home games and some away. i normally drag along a friend for company and buy their ticket for them as alot of my friends arent big fans and are more into footy- after their experience last nite i dont think many will bother going again tho they all said theyd enjoyed the game.

normally i sit middle of the east stand about half way up- dont have a fixed seat but try to stay within the same rough area, just to the right of the centre line.

anyway, its my birthday monday 26th- im 21- so i decided to take a number of friends (6) to the wire game and my parents paid for the tickets- 3 had not been before to a rugby league game. i got 4 seats on one row and 3 in front. i preordered the seats over a month ago.

upon arriving at our seats, some guy informed us that he had bought some of the seats on season tickets but i checked the tickets and we were in the right place. so this guy moved along the row so as not to cause a hassle which was fine. just before kick off the people who had actually bought the ticket he was sat in then arrived so he moved to his correct seat causing all of us to have to move along and then my friend had to move down three rows to an empty seat as there wasnt any free near us- obviously someone was sat in the wrong seat somewhere along the line- but this wasnt the issue anyway, tho it was an inconvience not having all my mates together.

when we rejiggling seats the game kicked off and so we were blocking the view of the 2 young couples behind us- this could have only been for 45 secs max. anyway these people behind us started mouthing off about us being in the wrong seat and "someone else normally sits there" (where were these people then???). i just ignored them and got on with watching the game and nothing more was said.

just into the second half i stood up cheering at one point and when i sat down i noticed there was a coffee cup on the top of my seat, so i just put it onto the floor thinking nothing of it.

upon leaving the ground later my friend informed me i had a large brown stain down the back of my jeans which looked like id had an 'accident'. so it dawned on me that these supposed wigan fans had obviously taken revenge for the incident at the start by pouring cold hot choc down the back of my chair- i cant see it being an accident as it would be difficult to drop the cup onto the closed chair.

anyway this ruined my night and i had to get a taxi home (costing an extra few quid) to change before going out in manchester for the night

im quite angry with what has happened and will be contacting the ground to complain. im no saint by all means and have been told off for swearing before, but thats due to me getting overexcitable. however im furious that some wigan fan has done this to another wigan fan. after reading on here about a number of other incidents that has happened im starting to have doubts about the image i have got of wigan rl as a 'nice' club.

im also very tempted to purchase those seats again and see if the same people are sat behind me again so i can extract my own revenge- but then i think id just get a ban from the ground which would solve nothing.

Sorry to hear about this, but hope that it doesnt put you off going to watch anymore rugby matches. Whoever did this wouldnt like it happening to them, they are so childish. Anyway i hope you enjoyed the rest of your birthday!
sudokuwarrior

Post by sudokuwarrior »

enjoy your birthday :D :D my daughter had her birthday yesterday and she said the result was the best present ever
The futures Brett, The future's orange!!!

2007- A fan-tash-tic season!!!!!!!
OJ

Post by OJ »

As someone else has said you should not have been given the tickets for those particular seats in the first place if they are regular seats of a season ticket holder and if someone has deliberately poured a drink over you as well then that is well out of order. Tell the club what has happened and tell them which seats you were in and see what they have to say. If you don't report problems they will never know and thus not be in a position to put things right. There is a form on the website which you could fill in - just do a copy and paste job of what you have put on here.
Hope you still have a nice birthday
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Hate to say it but there are some clampits who go to the rugby. I recently moved from my favoured position in the South to a position where the surrounding supporters are all decent and friendly. I know itys expensive and to be honest boring but if I take a first time visitor, I tend to purchase west stand tickets.
dads58

Post by dads58 »

Sorry to hear your night was ruined by some mindless imbasile acting childishly on friday. But just think of it this way; if that had been a football match it wouldnt have been hot chocolate all down your jeans!!

Try rows "T" "V" around 80 to 100 east stand, a fine bunch of fans, funny too.

and by the way... Happy Birthday :eusa2: "Cant remember back that far to my 21`st :(
Most famous team in the world playing the greatest game in the universe!
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

Simple answer to that, They probably have season tickets for those seats but could not attend that particular game, As someone has already said once that seat has been sold (season ticket or ticket for the one night) it can't be sold again so someone was taking the mickey from the minute you got on the ground, I have always stood/sat behind the sticks (Central Park/JJB Stadium South Stand) and have never had any trouble, Maybe you was just unlucky that night, Don't let some idiot put you off going to the greatest game in the world and happy birthday by the way.