Sculthorpe injury

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Sculthorpe injury

Post by GeoffN »

Normally I'd be delighted, but at the moment SL needs a strong Saints (to take points off wakey, cas & Quins).
Bad news, even though he hasn't been playing that well.
bigkarl

Re: Sculthorpe injury

Post by bigkarl »

Yes must agree but he is by no means a big key in saints anymore.I think he is quit a poor player actaully any forts...I dont rate scully at all anymore..
Come on Wigan!!
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

I honestly don't think they will miss him, The norm around here in St Helens is that the fans would rather get shut of him, You only have to take a look on the Stains board (The entertainers, Yeah right!) They all go up the wall because he never passes the ball to Lyon ect, ect, I honestly don't think too many Stains fans would be sorry to see him go.
Bear

Post by Bear »

I said get in there :lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

He's pretty similar to O'Loughlin in the respect that he has a hand in a lot that Saints do. Similarly he has not come back 100% since being injured. I am sure Saints would miss him if he went.
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

well here we go! i actualy know paul sculthorpe and i was talking to him saturday.i was asking about danny comming back next season and was a bit suprised about the answer! apparently cas want to keep him and have offerd him a 3 year contract. he has settled right in and is enjoying the game. big loss for us if he does stay! i know he still has a season left on his contract with us but would you want a player who isnt happy about being at wigan. :doz:
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

the grinch posted:
well here we go! i actualy know paul sculthorpe and i was talking to him saturday.i was asking about danny comming back next season and was a bit suprised about the answer! apparently cas want to keep him and have offerd him a 3 year contract. he has settled right in and is enjoying the game. big loss for us if he does stay! i know he still has a season left on his contract with us but would you want a player who isnt happy about being at wigan. :doz:
In my opinion they can keep him irrespective of wether he wants to come back or not. I don't think he lived up to the early promise.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

the grinch posted:
Did that really suprise you?

I'd like him to come back, a prop that can kick and top of the offloaders, that'd be another nice weapon in the armoury wouldn't it. His work rate has been questioned but the Cas fans has spoken very highly of him so obviously the loan spell has done him the world of good.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

the grinch posted:
Doesn't surprise me, Paul S had said the same thing on BBC Manchester a week or more ago (I think I reported that on Sunday or Monday this week). Wigan apparently aren't making any noises about encouraging Danny to come back next year, he's settled nicely over there, is playing regularly and scoring tries and probably feels a bit more welcome there. So I don't think he'll be back at Wigan either. I'm not really sure of the reason why he went to Cas in the first place, but the club presumably see the likes of Hargreaves as the future props for the club, and Danny's not really a youngster anymore either.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Fraggle posted:

Wigan apparently aren't making any noises about encouraging Danny to come back next year, he's settled nicely over there, is playing regularly and scoring tries and probably feels a bit more welcome there. So I don't think he'll be back at Wigan either. I'm not really sure of the reason why he went to Cas in the first place, but the club presumably see the likes of Hargreaves as the future props for the club, and Danny's not really a youngster anymore either.
6 days older than Fielden...Hmmm.
I always liked Danny, actually - I think he'd have been appreciated a lot better if we'd had players who were alert enough to be in position for his offloads.
Hargreaves, Prescott, O'Carroll...for the future maybe, but I'd rather have Danny for the next 3 or 4 years than any of them.
I wonder if his loan was because of the salary cap, as quoted, or if Millward just didn't like him?