civonaceva

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Lockers15

civonaceva

Post by Lockers15 »

Just heard he is joining either wigan or salford next season.
- psycho -

Re: civonaceva

Post by - psycho - »

wont be us, he is an aussie is he not? plus i wouldnt really want him. why would we ened him? we have fielden (80 minute prop) and then logan and feka can share the other 40. thent heres scully if he comes back and theres also eamon o carrol. civoneciva is good but age could be a down fall.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Lockers15

Post by Lockers15 »

i would rather have my nan play than logan :lol: :lol:
emma warriors simply the best

Post by emma warriors simply the best »

whenever theirs a player coming to the end of his contract or something it seems wigan are always intrested if anything its a centre we want to be looking for and maybe a winger for when dallas goes
LOYAL
WARRIOR

PHIL BAILEY: "I am totally thrilled to be joining the Wigan Warriors. Everyone believes in the club and I can’t wait to join Wigan for 2007".

Iafeta Paleaaesina:"Our fans support over recent years has been astonishing. They are the backbone of the Club and we are truly grateful for the way they get behind us".

!!!WARRIORS 4 LIFE!!!

Born a WARRIOR!
Live a WARRIOR!
Die a WARRIOR!

we can build this dream together
standing strong forever
Nothing's gonna stop us now

Proud to be a wiganer!!!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Why would we need to look for a winger ? We will have calderwood and richards both hitting form with good centres. If any of them get injured we wil use players like colbon and glesson. I wudnt mind seeing the back of a player to make room for scully. he is great at offloading and started off ace at cas. Seems to be a bit vulnerable to silly play and giving the ball away.
Before anybody says calders and richards are crap because of this years performance then stop. All good wingers need a centre. Look, what was ade gardener before he was partnered up with lyon. volcano with hape. calderwood with senior.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

emma warriors simply the best posted:
whenever theirs a player coming to the end of his contract or something it seems wigan are always intrested
I think most of it is rumour-mongering. If the club was really after all of these players then there would be no time for them to do any work. 99.9% sure this is either some fan spreading rumours, or the player's agent trying to make out his man is wanted by lots of people to try and raise his price. Wigan probably don't even know Civonaceva is on the market, and we're up to our 3 player quota limit already in any case. I'd rate this one even lower than the Senior rumour in terms of being likely to happen.

But it would be nice for Wigan NOT to be linked with some of these players, they can't all come here. I usually start losing the will to live around this time of the year with so many silly rumours about the world and his wife coming to play for Wigan. No more than 5% of these players we're supposedly interested in ever turn up.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Is it me or does "Civoneceva" sound like an STD?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

nathan_rugby posted:
Why would we need to look for a winger ? We will have calderwood and richards both hitting form with good centres.
OK Bailey may be one but who is the other?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Nine

Post by Nine »

He's a good, big, hard-working lad but nothing that special IMO and at the wrong end of his career. With Fielden, Logan and Feka next year, backed up by Hargreaves & Prescott, both with an extra year's development under their belt, Danny S to come back fro loan (if we want him to), and Fletch able to move up, I dont think we'd be in the market for a prop anyway.

The overseas quota wouldn't be a factor in this, however, as with a name like Civoneceva [?sp] he is almost certainly of Fijian origin (despite playing in and for Oz), and therefore would be Kolpak.

BTW did you know Fijians pronounce C as "TH" - making his name more like an STD diagnosed by a clap doctor with a lisp! :lol:
Squad number 18!
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

Not sure he'd be worth the money these days, if we are browsing in the Broncos aisle I'd rather see us sign Tame Tupou to replace Dallas (assuming Richards isn't going to play on the wing next season and there are plenty people who seem to think he won't). TT might even be a Kolpak possibility...