PRAISE/GRUMBLE - HARLEQUINS!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

PRAISE/GRUMBLE - HARLEQUINS!

Post by turf »

Praise: Orr, Calderwood hope he keeps up his good form, Dallas, Ashton running strong yet again. Defence away from our line is good, discipline has improved. Karl Kirkpatrick also had a good game.

Grumble: Gerry Kershaw - get him demoted/sacked whatever, just get rid of him please!!!!!!!!
DaveO

Re: PRAISE/GRUMBLE - HARLE...

Post by DaveO »

wgnwrs posted:
Leuluai didnt do much apart from that disallowed try for Quins, was error prone and did a couple of poor kicks close to the line (i know this is good for today but we are close to signing him and he didnt impress me)
Moran Mk II ??

After the way Orr played today and the way Leuluai played, who would you rather have in your team? Perhaps Orr felt he had a point to prove.

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Grumble - Kershaw :( Gaz Hock had his worst game since coming back, we could have been better with the ball.

Praise - Defence, take away the dodgy Kershaw tries and defence was great again. Danny Orr superb, Chris Ashton great, Fecka offloading in the tackle, Calderwood getting better. Hansen being industrious.

Odd - Why did so many go to the match but watch the football in the first half :conf:
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Praise, two league points obviously, and the confidence it should bring going into the biggest game of the season so far next week. Calderwood, Orr and my name sake all did well. Our defence in their half was excellent.

Grumble, defending in our third let us down again. Standing too flat at times, to many dropped balls as we had defenders on us too quick.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Praise.
we are staying up, we are staying up.

Grumble.

Went to a BBQ on the grounds that I could watch the rugby after some other thing that was going on.
Not only did it go to extra time and then penalties, but was then asked, "oh is it on Sky sports, we don't have that"!!!!! :angry:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Nice to see Calderwood getting back to full fitness.

We still haven't had the benefit of a fully fit Calderwood - and when we do he's going to be worth at least 10 points a game.

Thought the way he took the tackle and managed to keep going today for the Ashton try was outstanding.

Thought Orr showed what he can do today. Hope it's not a one off. Maybe with the pack he's got round him now, he'll be able to put on more displays like that?

But bloody hell lads, the last few minutes were nail-biting. Close the game down a bit earlier next time please!!

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Praise - the whole team, but especially Orr.
Grumbles - Still too many unforced errors, and still that habit of letting the opposition score despite 3-man tackles.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

praise- orr finding his form, calderwood was impressive and scored a grea try. the whole team in general and kris radlinski for his heart and pride, he is a credit to the sport. fielden's motivation before and through the match. the end celebrations- we looked like a team and everyone was loving it, i especially loved the try celebrations as the whole team was going over to congratualte eahc other, calderwood jumping on people :D .

grumble- video ref was a shambles. the anouncer, the loud speaker which i was sat in front of, im still trying to regain my full hearing back. the wigan fans that were watching england in the bar, then came out when it had finished, where is the support in that? :conf: . also the stains fan who was taunting the crowd.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

Thing is... it's ok to be both a Wigan and football fan. Maybe London shouldn't have shown the game? But that would have been petty. I wish I could've been at London. And since mum has downgraded our Telewest package, I had to live with Teletext! :lol:

So it was weird lol... watching the football, then quickly banging Teletext on. Nerve-wracking, definitely! :)
Bring on the Warriors

Post by Bring on the Warriors »

Praise- the whole team for a great game. Orr, Calderwood played brilliantly. The confidence that we will get from the three wins on the run will be a big plus for us, the crowd for the singing throughout the whole game

Grumble- The video ref, the mistakes that keep happening and that were unforced.

Fantastic game!! :D
Proud to be a Wiganer!!!