Football fans @ Quins

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Football fans @ Quins

Post by ancientnloyal »

Just woke up, after returning from London and the first thing i'd like to stress about is the football's influence on the match.

I know many of you didnt travel to London so probably wont know what Im on about but...

When it went to penalties in the Portugal v England match, at least 200 supporters, many Wigan fans left the match to walk half way around the stadium to watch the shoot-out in the players bar. What an absolute disgrace!!!! what the hell does this say about rugby league?? and Wigan! The most important game of our season so far (need points dont we) and you all walk off to watch some people kick a ball and miss. You missed a good try and points, a good match in the 10 minutes you were away.

The best thing at least was when england got kncked out, you all streamed back into the North stand to the BOOS and JEERS by the "LOYAL SUPPORTERS"... If you are in London to watch Wigan, watch wigan... dont make an embarrasement of yourselves and rugby league by turning your back and watching a rival viewing sport. I dont know what this was like on television, if eddie and stevo brought it up but... Wigan needs the support.

Ashamed.

Loyal Supporters!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
superleague

Re: Football fans @ Quins

Post by superleague »

all i could see on sky was a more or less full stand, well done to everyone who went.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I dont know what this was like on television, if eddie and stevo brought it up but... Wigan needs the support.

Ashamed.

Loyal Supporters![/quote]

I saw it on sky, it looked like a coach had appeared late, it was also mentioned about the world cup, at wiitch point i started cheering, call me unpatriotic but i hate football :sly:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

ancientnloyal posted:
Just woke up, after returning from London and the first thing i'd like to stress about is the football's influence on the match.

I know many of you didnt travel to London so probably wont know what Im on about but...

When it went to penalties in the Portugal v England match, at least 200 supporters, many Wigan fans left the match to walk half way around the stadium to watch the shoot-out in the players bar. What an absolute disgrace!!!! what the hell does this say about rugby league?? and Wigan! The most important game of our season so far (need points dont we) and you all walk off to watch some people kick a ball and miss. You missed a good try and points, a good match in the 10 minutes you were away.

The best thing at least was when england got kncked out, you all streamed back into the North stand to the BOOS and JEERS by the "LOYAL SUPPORTERS"... If you are in London to watch Wigan, watch wigan... dont make an embarrasement of yourselves and rugby league by turning your back and watching a rival viewing sport. I dont know what this was like on television, if eddie and stevo brought it up but... Wigan needs the support.

Ashamed.

Loyal Supporters!
That was irritating. I must admit to being one of the ones booing and jeering, and I don't usually criticise fellow Warriors fans, even the ones who leave before the end.

Fabulous atmosphere, yet again, though. Once more we outnumbered and outsang the home support.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

The_Bad_Guy posted:
GeoffN posted:
ancientnloyal posted:

Ashamed.

Loyal Supporters!
That was irritating. I must admit to being one of the ones booing and jeering, and I don't usually criticise fellow Warriors fans, even the ones who leave before the end.

Fabulous atmosphere, yet again, though. Once more we outnumbered and outsang the home support.
they wanted to watch their NATIONAL team in the biggest game of their tournament.

let me stress that our NATIONAL team and you boo and jeer them.

well done, big lads. very mature.

they travel all the way to london and because they are supporting their national team they get jeered.

hope your proud of yourselves
i didnt boo but i was disgusted. you travel to london to support your struggling team. they need the support more than england becaue lets be hoenst they had even more than us and still didnt over turn portugal. id have the 2 over the semis any day of the week, well done to the loyal ones, credit to the club!
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Martin WWRFL

Post by Martin WWRFL »

The_Bad_Guy posted:
GeoffN posted:
ancientnloyal posted:

Ashamed.

Loyal Supporters!

they wanted to watch their NATIONAL team in the biggest game of their tournament.

they travel all the way to london and because they are supporting their national team they get jeered.

totally agree with you TBG to go down to london and watch your rugby team play and get booed as your watchin the biggest sporting event in 40 yrs or so is awful.

IMO it was a disgrace that they got booed.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

The_Bad_Guy posted:

Watching bits on TV is hardly what I'd call support. It's been said often enough by players and coaches that the support of the Wigan fans makes a big difference to them, yet some of these fans prefer to ignore their team in favour of watching another game, however important, in a situation where their (so-called) support can have no influence.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Martin WWRFL posted:
the biggest sporting event in 40 yrs or so...
Hardly that. If it had been the final, then maybe you'd have a case.
Robbo87

Post by Robbo87 »

i stayed and watched the wigan game, but i dont think it was fair to boo the people who went and saw the football....its (arguably) the biggest tournament in the world and happens once every 4 years, and at the end of the day, fans shouldn't of had to choose between the two matches when both where so important in the first place.
Robbo87

Post by Robbo87 »

The_Bad_Guy posted:
once every 4 robbo but we get the point
:blush: i did realise...i got confused seein as it was 2 years since the euro cup :blush: