Crazy

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ChrisA

Crazy

Post by ChrisA »

A win next Friday could put us 2 points off 7th place, what the hell is this season all about. It's gonna be the most excting season in a while, and its the bottom of the league that is causing all the fuss.
Bring on the Warriors

Re: Crazy

Post by Bring on the Warriors »

This season is the most interesting and competitive one yet. No team are sure to finish in any position and any team can run another close and compete.
Proud to be a Wiganer!!!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Bring on the Warriors posted:
This season is the most interesting and competitive one yet. No team are sure to finish in any position and any team can run another close and compete.
I'd maybe not quite go that far. You can probably cut the league table in half and say the top 6 will take points off each other, and the same for the bottom 6. I don't quite see any of the bottom team winning against Leeds or Saints just yet, although there's time for us yet to get even more on form...!

But overall, yes, it's a bit of a mad season. It still amuses me how much effort fans of other clubs are spending on having a go at us for being bottom, it seems more of a focus of interest than who is going to finish top of the league...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Scrap that, I forgot to add Cas's result, they are 7th after their win today. Make it 3 points.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Fraggle posted:
It still amuses me how much effort fans of other clubs are spending on having a go at us for being bottom, it seems more of a focus of interest than who is going to finish top of the league...
I think fans of certain other clubs are avoiding the issue that they might be in the relegation battle by focusing on us.

Dave
superleague

Post by superleague »

ChrisA posted:
Scrap that, I forgot to add Cas's result, they are 7th after their win today. Make it 3 points.
i dont think we will catch cas they seem to be right on song with each other
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

superleague posted:
ChrisA posted:
i dont think we will catch cas they seem to be right on song with each other
After seeing the Cas/Wire game, and looking at Wire's remaining fixtures, I think we've a better chance of catching Wire, the way they've played in their last 5 games.
I can see Cas beating Wakey twice and Quins twice, which would put them on 23 points.
Can't see Wire getting more than 2 wins from their run-in, unless they improve drastically.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

I hope its Harlequins that are for the drop i wonder what what will come out from Rugby League headquarters then will they change the rules they were quite happy to see us going down different kettle of fish with Harlequins being London .They have changed the rules for them many times they should hve gone last year .
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I'd like to see Harlequins and Catalans stay in SL for the next 5 seasons. Hopefully the French and Spanish are going to accept and enjoy rugby league more as the sport grows year upon year, but evidence from yesterday was that the main problem is the Harlequins... Leigh, Hull KR, Widnes and perhaps even Whitehaven have better followings of their team, especially Leigh.

What about Wigan to win the Grand Final?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

ancientnloyal posted:
I'd like to see Harlequins and Catalans stay in SL for the next 5 seasons. Hopefully the French and Spanish are going to accept and enjoy rugby league more as the sport grows year upon year, but evidence from yesterday was that the main problem is the Harlequins...
I assume you meant to say Harlequins to go and Catalans to stay, which I personally agree with. There's nothing that would make me happier than to see our great sport become fully established in different parts of Europe, with France and Spain taking a lead. I'm already trying to educate an e-friend of mine in Lithuania who is coming to London to study, they have RL in her country but it is on a very tiny scale and she wasn't familiar with it, but those little east European countries are also ripe for taking on RL, especially as soccer is not well-represented there either.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]