Re: Do we want Withers and Millard?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: Do we want Withers and Millard?

Post by ancientnloyal »

All I want to say is NO! Why? Whats the point? (technically 3 things but...)
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
luke_robinsons_angel

Re: Do we want Withers and...

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

They both too old, out of shape and very overrated
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

Happier with Godwin and Ashton
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

I can actually see where Noble is coming from though if he is signing these players. He will keep Ashton full back I think and it looks like Godwin will go to Hull. But are you lot saying you wouldnt want someone with the experience of Withers coming of the bench? I would. Millard is a very skillful player but old if we get him Ill support him like every other player in cherry and white.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

warrior till i die posted:
Millard is a very skillful player but old
I think you're being a bit generous, he's a journeyman player who's done an adequate but certainly not brilliant job for a number of different teams. You look at who he is paired with at Leeds, and there's no way Millard is in the same class as Diskin. Widnes were hardly a major threat when Millard was organising the plays for them. If we've got money to spend on players like him then I'm sure there are better prospects out there. Do we even really need two hookers? I'm sure Higham is more than capable of playing 80 minutes himself, as Jimmy Lowes used to at Bradford, and McIllorum should be fit by next season...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

i think they would be good signings, both have an abundance of experience and can cover several positions, as someone else has already mentioned in another post once we get 2 or 3 injuries we end up raiding the academy sides for youngsters :exc:
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

medlocke posted:
i think they would be good signings, both have an abundance of experience and can cover several positions, as someone else has already mentioned in another post once we get 2 or 3 injuries we end up raiding the academy sides for youngsters :exc:
Yes but that's the whole idea. I would rather give some of the better academy players a chance when we do get the odd injury. And lets be honest we have a much bigger squad already than previous seasons. I would rather give Colborn or Melling a chance before Withers. These two guys will be early 20s now, so lets see if they can cut the mustard. Wither's is an old injury prone has been now!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

medlocke posted:
Glad to know some 1 understood my post in a previous thread.

Problem is what do you want on the bench.

Yong players who are not good enough for SL at present or players who have the fitness to do the job.

Withers will be a bench player.

Godwin will want a bigger contract than he is on now. With the cap im mind maybe he has to go away to get what he thinks he should.

OR

They are making noises to get him to take a lewsser wage.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

The main problem we've had with our youngsters is that too many of them have had to be included together, I feel. Had we not had such a bad run of injuries, they could have been introduced gradually , one or two at a time, into a settled team (as Saints & Leeds have been able to do with theirs, for example).

chester

Post by chester »

I'm keeping an open mind and trusting Nobbys judgement on this one. McAvoy was described as an over the hill journeyman, but he's turned out to be a steadying influence in a ship which was sinking fast :exc: