Fun with Farrell !!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Welski

Fun with Farrell !!

Post by Welski »

I've been reading with much amusement the recent mass debate (So to speak) over Mr Farrell.

Good stuff all round, some top notch name calling and some well crafted arguments.

Could I stick my "Jimmy Lowes" in and suggest...Rugby League is a team sport therefore it figures that a player will usually perform better if the team is settled and playing well (+vice versa). To say any one player is the cause of a teams poor performance is surely a little simplistic?
I agree the team hasn't looked as dynamic with the skipper restored but give us a few games (WITHOUT ANY INJURIES) and watch em go.

Remember WELSKI says "Wigan GF Champs 2003"!!
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
warriorjon

Re: Fun with Farrell !!

Post by warriorjon »

I think its interesting the views that seem to have been aired. We have the diehard Faz fans who will deffend him to the hilt no matter what.

We have the group (me included) that appreciate he is a good player but think he may not be utilised in the correct way by the coaching staff which must be addressed if we as a team will be successful.

The Faz haters who just want to slag him no matter what.

My final word on the matter is get out the way FAZ please let the half backs create get stuck in to the hard yards and wide running where you can prove just what quality you have.
Deltic3

Re: Re: Fun with Farrell !!

Post by Deltic3 »

I agree with that - i don't hate Faz but he frustrates the hell out of me. He is a world class player but most of the time he just runs the ball up, never breaks a tackle and then the play just dies With his size and power he should be able to run over the opposition and the offload. With Faz it seems to be safety first all the time.

I believe his best position is in the second row as a wide running flair player, also in the second row he would not be able to be so lazy!!
captinjack

Re: Re: Re: Fun with Farrell !...

Post by captinjack »

I agree with the comments, and I do not hate Faz, I think he is a good captain, but not played in the right position.. He is not a loose forward, he is not mobile enough. He would make a great 2nd rower. He should have taken that spot after the mistake of letting Furner go, (should have been O'Neill and Ainscough, who left, a right pair of donkeys), instead of putting Nick Graham, a loose forward, in the 2nd row. Also there is Gareth Hock who I feel would make the ideal loose forward.