an idea

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
stevo38

an idea

Post by stevo38 »

wot a boost for the team if they cud be led out by ex greats at next home match ie gregory edwards hanley offiah betts bell etc think of the buzz that wud give the club ? any thoughts
turf

Re: an idea

Post by turf »

Kelvin the Gorilla and Mighty Max are just about doing the trick at the mijnute, never mind past players!!!!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I want shut of those walkabout dorks. The two mascots are bad enough but why do they have to be led around like children. Kelvin needs to upp his game too.

Max is the tops
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

and lets not forget billy boston
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I do think the club should utlise past players more. I would like to see the club pay the air fares for say Brett Kenny and John fergusson and put them up in Whelans Country Hotel. They could stay for a fortnight etc. Be part of a say 1985 Challenge Cup Final reunion whereby a formal dinner is held with all that 85 team as guest of honour and a plessant reunion for them. Kenny and Chicka could attend a special Riversiders event and be special guests, even kick off a home match etc. They would ttract huge media interest too.

Likewise I would like to see the RFL adopt a retro theme to one particular round of SL as they sometimes do in the NRL. So you could have a 60's weekend, all the clubs wearing 60's style kit and the club could sell such shirts too.

I think a lot more can be done to promote the game to the 25 and over section of Wiganers.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

cpwigan posted:
I do think the club should utlise past players more. I would like to see the club pay the air fares for say Brett Kenny and John fergusson and put them up in Whelans Country Hotel. They could stay for a fortnight etc. Be part of a say 1985 Challenge Cup Final reunion whereby a formal dinner is held with all that 85 team as guest of honour and a plessant reunion for them. Kenny and Chicka could attend a special Riversiders event and be special guests, even kick off a home match etc. They would ttract huge media interest too.

Likewise I would like to see the RFL adopt a retro theme to one particular round of SL as they sometimes do in the NRL. So you could have a 60's weekend, all the clubs wearing 60's style kit and the club could sell such shirts too.

I think a lot more can be done to promote the game to the 25 and over section of Wiganers.
ive been to an 1985 school reunion ,is that the same :blush:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Nah your cool Mike but nobody is as cool as Chicka Fergusson. :D