We need Joey

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
John M

We need Joey

Post by John M »

Anyone watch him today for NSW?

He cut Queensland to shreds with pure skill.He was even playing behind a pack that where not too great.Every try NSW scored was down to brilliant work of Johns.

The man is unbelievable,he can do anything.Every time he got the ball near the line you could sense a try was on and the Queensland defence couldnt put a hand on him.

Forget Lam,he is not even in the same league.Thats no disrespect to him BTW,there is no other player in Johns league in the world IMO. He said he wanted to come to England the other week,he said he wanted to play for Wigan the other year so get him signed Lindsay you moron,its a chance of a lifetime to see one truely great player in a Wigan jersey
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!
michael

Re: We need Joey

Post by michael »

I think we all agree Johns is the best player in world rugby today. As for signing for us Idont know. In theory it would be fantastic but in practice we dont want to go the same way as Hull,Halifax and Saints(titter).I also feel we have the makings of world beating scrum half in Luke Robinson. Give the young uns time and WIGAN once again will be at the pinnacle of world rugby.
warriorjon

Re: Re: We need Joey

Post by warriorjon »

i would absolutly 100% agree that Johns is far and away the best player in the world i also think that he is made to look even better by the players who run such fantastic angles off the ball for him on more or less every play. In S.L. this usually only happens on the 3rd or 4th tackle. This i think is the main difference between the 2 games, S.L. and N.R.L. Players work rate in the N.R.L. off the ball is phenominal the dummy runners run such angles and lines but also expect the ball. Just about every play there are 2 or 3 passes for him to pick. What makes him the class act is that invariably he picks the correct pass. The only thing i would be cautious of is keeping Robinson on the bench where he wont be willing to sit forever but i would feel that the Johns at 7 Robinson at 6 combination would work better than the lam robinson combination as Joey is a more robust half back willing to put the hard yards in.