Re: Who'd YOU Like to See In SL Next Year?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: Who'd YOU Like to See In SL Next Year?

Post by ancientnloyal »

I want a nice scenic trip th'up Cumbria... depends on Whitehavens' ground status though.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
thegimble

Re: Who'd YOU Like to See ...

Post by thegimble »

HKR they deserve to be there.

ABL

Anyone But Leigh
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wigan A Team I suppose. Have have been rejected I believe. looked like KR were a certainty a while back but their lack of competition seems to have dented their form.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan posted:
Wigan A Team I suppose. Have have been rejected I believe. looked like KR were a certainty a while back but their lack of competition seems to have dented their form.
I'm not sure any of them will be as competitive as Cas or wakey have been, though. I can see another Leigh scenario coming.
I'd like to see Wignes come up, though, if only to see all our ex-players again! If not them, then HKR.
As yuo say, Haven have been rejected, mainly because their promises of upgrading their ground turned out to be "less than accurate".
Leigh have had their chance.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Your right Geoff. Every one of those likely to get promoted are weak, even KR. People will say oh but KR did well in the cup. Yes they did but having to do that week in week out is very much different. Leigh are even poorer than they were previously when they gained promotion. Widnes are basically old guys very much on the way down or our old players.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Don't be surprised to se Haven win,just so the RFL can keep Wakey or Cas in SL. :wink:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

Love to see Leigh back up just so i can give all the mates some stick because Leigh will be humiliated week in week out. No honestly i would love to see leigh back min the super league just to go and watch a game of rugby against decent opposition on a sunday.
I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When the Wiganers win and the Leythers lose.
Bear

Post by Bear »

Leigh...
Easy Win :lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Even after strengthening their squads in the close season none of the likely condidates will be as good as Cas or Wakey. Relegation will achieve nothing other than damage - possibly permanently - the relegated club and give us all a whipping boy for next year. I genuinely hope to hear an announcement after the final game to the effect that relegating a team good enough to score 18-20 points in Superleague is detrimental to the development of the sport and, as such, no-one goes down.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Even after strengthening their squads in the close season none of the likely condidates will be as good as Cas or Wakey. Relegation will achieve nothing other than damage - possibly permanently - the relegated club and give us all a whipping boy for next year. I genuinely hope to hear an announcement after the final game to the effect that relegating a team good enough to score 18-20 points in Superleague is detrimental to the development of the sport and, as such, no-one goes down.
The recent and continued difficulties affecting Halifax should be a real warning for the game. I accept that they had difficulties before they were relegated, but they've never come close to recovering from that relegation and had become very close to going from Superleague to extinction in a short period of time. They weren't as good as some other teams who have gone down, but it would be good if the sport's administrators could acknowledge the potential damage that can be done to team because of relegation, instead of focusing on relegated teams who are able to remain as full-time clubs and have rich backers to help them return to the top flight.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]