Last night's officials

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
OJ

Last night's officials

Post by OJ »

See The Cas coach is going to make a formal complaint about last nights ref because of the penalties he awarded us, pity Mr Steadman hadn't been as quick to notice his player poleaxe Adrian Lam in the first few seconds of the match or the one who kicked Lammys ankles from under him when he was just running up field. Personally thought the ref was pretty even handed last night and think its more a case of if your team loses looking for someone to blame. Time some of these officials started noticing the number of times Lammy is taken out though. He should get Man of Steel this year as he has to be made of tough stuff to keep bouncing back.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

wolftown warrior

Re: Last night's officials

Post by wolftown warrior »

totally agree with u oj. the amount of late or cheap shots lam takes is amazing, especially when we get nothing from em.
the second one, the kicking lam on the ankle trying to trip him or whatever was terrible.. should have been sin binned!

& for once i thought the ref was ok.. we had pretty much the same penalties.. how many times were they offside? or holding down??? way more than us..
u have to say.. if danny orr had got his boots on the right feet then maybe they could have capitalised with the penalties..
we deserved to win.. we were the only reason they were in the match.. bad handling & trying to play rush football when there was no need!

hodgsons try was class! & i agree.. lam for man of steel...

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I wasn't particularly impressed with the ref last night. He made so many late decisions, for so many of them he looked to his assistant for help. From where I was sat it looked like he wasn't capable of making up his own mind.

I agree, class try by Hodgson and a class run from Luke not long afterwards!
Fraggle

Re: Re: Last night's officials

Post by Fraggle »

Myself, I agree with Steadman that the ref was cr*p. If he were any good, he would have dismissed at least one if not both of Steady's tame monkeys masqerading as water carriers who spent more time on the pitch for Cas than some of their players. I know it must be hard for Gary Mercer to accept retirement but it's time Steady gave him a squad number again cos he's certainly fit enough with plenty of running left in him. Several times they forgot to bring the water on with them when running on with more instructions, and on at least one occasion one of the two men in orange got halfway on the field, the ref blew for a penalty against Cas, so the guy went back to the side for yet more instructions. Can't the players be left to make their own decisions? What happened to limiting the amount of time the water carriers spent on the field giving instructions? And why do Cas need two water carriers anyway, how much water can 13 players consume in 80 minutes?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
scholesjohn

Re: Re: Re: Last night's offic...

Post by scholesjohn »

If the ref was doing his job there would have been a lot more penalties for Steadman to complain about.....offsides, holding down, kicking the ball downfield when a descision did go against them.
He was terrible for both sides, and does anyone know why we even have linesmen?
mariopostie

Post by mariopostie »

totally agree about late tackles on lam,same with brett dallas and only a matter of time before brown and robinson get the same. cummins won`t do anything about it