Paul Johnson

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AJ

Paul Johnson

Post by AJ »

Is this man ever going to hit form this season, his form has been terrible and as a centre he couldnt produce a decent pass to his wingman to save his life??

i really think the time has come for raper to bite the bullet and drop him.

and if he is on big money, i wouldnt have any problems freeing it up at the end of the season and moving him on

how he is in the gb squad is as big a mystery as how danny sculthorpe isnt?
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
Deltic3

Re: Paul Johnson

Post by Deltic3 »

you hav ehit the nail on the head. I have been wondering all season how PJ even gets in the 17. You have got to feel for the lad due to the tragic events earlier this year but you cannot give him a shirt out of sympathy. The simple fact is that he is just not good enough to play for us. Another thing that puzzles me is what is his position supposed to be? is he a centre? (because he cannot link with a winger and doesn't have any noticable pace), is he a second row? ( he hasn't got the strength and his high tackling style is suspect).

If he is supposed to be a utility player then he should sit down and watch the tapes of Sam Panapa, if he doesn't improve then i cannot see the club keeping him. His wages could be better spent elsewhere.
johnsons_babexx

Re: Re: Paul Johnson

Post by johnsons_babexx »

If he ever got to see the ball out on the wing and in the centres then he night be able to do something with it. It aint just only him that isnt getting the ball shouldnt carney and co be getting more tries as well. Look at some of the other stats from other teams and see what there centres and wingers are scoring ares arent ne where near.

And it aint just paul who aint having a good season maybe other players should be looked at aswell! Maybe a few of those that r on high wages aswell.

Has every 1 got it in for him this year cos thats all u seem to read on here at the mo and david hodgeson what is it ainscough goes or doesnt play so find some1 else to have a moan about
Officially PJ'sNo.1.Fan!!

1/3 of the original Nobby's girls - we have the t-shirts to prove it!!!!!

Deltic3

Re: Re: Re: Paul Johnson

Post by Deltic3 »

I take it from your name that you cannot be objective about this issue. The simple fact is that he is not good enough for us. Previously we have had Connolly, Ainscough, Renouf,etc. so PJ has just been a squad player, now we are asking him to step up week in, week out and he just cannot perform at the highest level.

The try he scored against Cas i think anybody could have scored, all he had to do was catch the pass and fall over the line.

You may be his biggest fan but i am sorry he has to go!
johnsons_babexx

Re: Re: Re: Re: Paul Johnson

He got the try though!

Yeah i might not have room to talk him being me fav player and all that but being that u tend to watch them more than some of the other players and i can tell u with out him coming into the middle to get a pass he doesnt see alot of the ball. Infact he probably touches the ball in the warm up more than he does in the game. If he did come into the middlee to see more action and either him or another player drops the ball and the opposition gets through his gap where he should of been resulting in themgetting a try then u would all call him for letting in a try slatting his defence even more than what you do now.

Sorry to go on but i feel that he is always getting it from fans. It aint gonna give him much confidence knowing that fans arent behind him.

Deltic3

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Paul Johns...

Post by Deltic3 »

The reason that he gets stick from the fans is because the fans can see that he isn't good enough. They never gave Ellery or Edwards stick did they?

If he is supposed to be a centre then he needs to learn how to put his wingman away, he shouldn't be coming into the middle lokking for the ball - if he is good enough and could break a tackle the ball would find him and he would be away!
johnsons_babexx

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Paul J...

U cant compare these two as they played completly different positions. They also played in a team that won everything and had all the top players do u think they would of got far without the likes of robinson tuigamala offiah paul and connolly

Deltic3

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pa...

Post by Deltic3 »

I am not comparing them. I was just using them as an example to say that the fans don't slag off good players, only ones that are either not good enough or do not give 100%
johnsons_babexx

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re...

OK i see your point but u gotta agree that there are other players in the team at the mo that arent giving 100% or not good enough.

Deltic3

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re...

Post by Deltic3 »

Fortunately, we have now almost rooted out the players that don't give 100% Apart from PJ and Ricky Bibey, the rest of the squad give 100% and i most cases 110%

I just think that we should have somebody better than PJ in our side. I have nothing against the lad but he isn't good enough for where Stuart is aiming to take the side.

Unless his game improves dramatically he will become the weak link in the side and his latest tckling style (ie Head high) will land us in trouble and/or seriously hurt somebody.