Fridays or Sundays?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mariopostie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fridays or...

Post by mariopostie »

Fraggle posted:
Myself, I voted Fridays. It's no contest really, as I never work Friday night but do have to work some weekends. I've not been able to get to as many games this season as usual even on Fridays, and with the Halifax game being moved that's another I lose, but if we played Sundays then I would have to reconsider buying a season ticket even if it means losing what I consider is a great seat.

I'm not totally convinced moving to Sundays would affect attendances anyway. The people voting will go on either day and when matches have been moved to Sundays in the past there has been no noticeable increase in attendances (and I suspect the crowds have dropped in some cases).

Saturdays would be fine but I would prefer 8pm, or even 7pm, rather than 6. Again it helps people who work, as few people finishing work at 5 can get to a game for 6.
Fraggle posted:
Myself, I voted Fridays. It's no contest really, as I never work Friday night but do have to work some weekends. I've not been able to get to as many games this season as usual even on Fridays, and with the Halifax game being moved that's another I lose, but if we played Sundays then I would have to reconsider buying a season ticket even if it means losing what I consider is a great seat.

I'm not totally convinced moving to Sundays would affect attendances anyway. The people voting will go on either day and when matches have been moved to Sundays in the past there has been no noticeable increase in attendances (and I suspect the crowds have dropped in some cases).

Saturdays would be fine but I would prefer 8pm, or even 7pm, rather than 6. Again it helps people who work, as few people finishing work at 5 can get to a game for 6.
Fraggle posted:

sunday is the best day. there should be one tv game played on a friday,a tv game on a saturday and the rest of the games on a sunday.
why should fans who go to every game miss the good tv games? and the crowds throughout super league would improve
mariopostie

Post by mariopostie »

there
mariopostie

Post by mariopostie »

there should be one game on friday( tv game), one game on saturday(also a tv game) and the rest played on sunday. why should fans that go to every game miss all the good games on tv?
this would also increase crowds throughout superleague. how many fans do we lose when wigan are playing somebody like halifax and there`s a game like saints against bradford on the telly?
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

mariopostie posted:
there should be one game on friday( tv game), one game on saturday(also a tv game) and the rest played on sunday. why should fans that go to every game miss all the good games on tv?

this would also increase crowds throughout superleague. how many fans do we lose when wigan are playing somebody like halifax and there`s a game like saints against bradford on the telly?
Why should this be the case? People who have sky inevitably have access to a VCR, and it's no big hassle to turn that on before going to a game.

Even though I no longer have Sky, there was never a time where I would stay at home to watch anyone-not-Wigan vs anyone-else-not-Wigan when Wigan were playing. Doesn't matter if it's Skints vs Bratfud or Aus vs GB, I'd rather be at Wigan vs Halifax or whatever.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
AJ

Post by AJ »

SUNDAYS @ 3!
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
mariopostie

Post by mariopostie »

i don`t miss a game home or away whoever is on the tv,but it`s better to watch the tv game live rather than tape it. not everybody is like you or me and they will choose between wigan and a tv game. it would be nice to see a larger crowd at the jjb
NTA1

Re: Which day do you want Wigan to play on?

Post by NTA1 »

It has to be a Sunday afternoon. Who knows,maybe reverting back will bring back some of the old luck. Mind you, I also enjoyed standing on a freezing cold terrace in the winter just to watch us!!!
ian.birchall

Re: Which day do you want Wigan to play on?

Post by ian.birchall »

We will need to get rid of Sky first before we can abandon friday nights as even if we vote for Sunday all the top matches will end up on a Friday night Sky show
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.