Haughton

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Haughton

Post by Mike »

It said on Rock FM yesterday that Simon Haughton is fit (I already knew that!!) to play on Boxing Day!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Haughton

Post by Mike »

That's great news Linzi. By the way about the shirt you bought and signed by players, that should not make any difference about getting your money back. After all it was signed before it was washed. Take it back like your Mum said and with a bit of luck they may even let you keep the signed one as well.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Re: Haughton

Post by Mike »

Haughton is not as fit as me!!!-but it will be great to see him running over Saints defenders again.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Haughton

Post by Mike »

Well said John - fit for what.He had better make it this year or I'm afraid it's goodbye.Good player but injury prone and we can't keep such players.He's fast developing into another Nigel Wright. Talented but brittle.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Would you want to say goodbye to Farrell or Radlinski if they tore ligaments in their foot?? Probably not! Just give Simon a break, and lets just hope that his ankle says good and we should see alot more of him this season.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Re: Re: Haughton

Post by Mike »

I would gave thought the last thing Simon wants is a break........Dave
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Wouldn't have thought thats true, after all he's under contract for at least the next two seasons, and seeing as there is a glut of 2nd row forwards he might struggle to get his chance in the 1st team, afterall Maurice won't let Furner and Betts sit on the touchline all year on there mega salaries! And then there's Cassidy, I'd have thought with his tackling and work rate he'll be starting most games.Maybe Haughton will have to have a big season just to make the 17, don't get me wrong I think he's a good player,its just we seem to have 5 players (Betts, Furner, Chester, Cassidy, Haughton) competing for two shirts. And its not like the old days when we'd play two games a week and rotate the squad or lose players to injury on a regular basis, we don't even seem to have people suspended anymore, must be very frustrating for the fringe players and youngsters at the moment!Speaking of which, I think we may see Terry Newton playing in the 2nd Row from time to time next season, as he's to good not to play yet the club also needs to keep Mark Smith happy, who will go on to become one of the best hookers in Super League, be it with Wigan or someone else.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Re: Re: Haughton

Post by Mike »

It wouldn't be fair on the likes on Haughton, Betts, Cassidy, Furner and Chester if they didn't play so that a hooker can play in their position. Wouldn't it be better to have M Smith on the bench and swap him with Newton at half time or use Newton as a prop seen as we only have 3!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐