GIVE RAPER A NEW CONTRACT !!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
100% Warrior

GIVE RAPER A NEW CONTRACT !!!

Post by 100% Warrior »

I am fed up with listening to rumour after rumour about who is going to coach Wigan after this season.

Earlier in the season Ricky Stuart was linked with the job, now it's Ellery's turn.

Myself, I would like to see Stuart Raper given a new contract so he can continue the work he has done to this point.

Now before anyone disagrees, remember who coached us to our first major trophy in four years last season, and bar for injuries we may have been looking at a possible double.

I'm tired of the need to change coach if we don't win a trophy. FACT ! There are not as many trophies to win as there were when the likes of Lowe and Monie were in charge.

If I'm correct Stuart is in the last season of his contract, I say the club puts an end to these continuous rumours by offering Stuart a new deal.

What does anyone else think ?
OJ

Re: GIVE RAPER A NEW CONTRACT ...

Post by OJ »

damn good idea
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

wolftown warrior

Re: Re: GIVE RAPER A NEW CONTR...

Post by wolftown warrior »

i`d definatly give him an extention, he`s done enough to garentee that!

so yes.. why not..
scholesjohn

Re: Re: Re: GIVE RAPER A NEW C...

Post by scholesjohn »

I agree. Give him an extension.....we don't want to go back to having a new coach every 6 months (if we're lucky).
Raper's a great coach and we need the stability a long term coach brings.
Deltic3

Re: Re: Re: Re: GIVE RAPER A N...

Post by Deltic3 »

I am in total agreement with everything that has been said. We need a period of stability to help the youngsters come through. Stuart seems to be doing a good job nurturing them so kong may it continue.

As Uncle Maurice said people just use our name to inflate contracts. Also all the speculation helps nobody.

Long may Stuart's reign continue - besides he has a great record against the scum!!!
Deltic3

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GIVE R...

Post by Deltic3 »

Has Stuart achieved enough to be considered worthy for a job in OZ? You know what they are like over there.
Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

I agree with everything 100% Warrior said cos he's my big brother and he'll kill me if I don't!!!

Normally I'd disagree with anything he says on principle, but he has got it right this time. The board at Wigan seem very eager to emulate the success of the likes of Monie, but the fact is, if we keep chopping and changing coaches then we are going to have no consistency and the performances could go down the pan.

As for him maybe wanting to go back to Australia....well that's just silly talk!!! Why would he want to leave a club he has developed to such a high standard. I think he truly loves it at Wigan...it's been a challenge with the injury problems, but he has overcome this and won't leave now it's coming good.
If anyone sees him around Wigan then have a word and tell him to stay. BEG IF YOU NEED TO!!!
KEEP STUART RAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

nitsua posted:
The fact Ellery Hanley has been linked with the Wigan coaching job next season seems to me to be a case of 'There's no smoke without fire'.
I agree, but as the Gasnier situation showed, it's never clear where the fire is burning. In that instance, Chairman Mo says it was the agent who was inflating the figures, whilst Mimis or whatever he was called says he told Maurice the deal was a non-starter. We're never likely to know the full truth about how much Gasnier was offered.

In this case, I wonder if Ellery has stated his intention of returning to superleague, and in such situations people automatically start linking big names with history and in his case with the club that made him famous. Or he's trying to make himself popular to get a good deal from someone - there is a coaching job up for grabs down in the south of France with the embryonic UTC superleague club...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Warrior Wills

Re: GIVE RAPER A NEW CONTRACT ...

Post by Warrior Wills »

I would not bat an eyelid if Raper left today !

He is simply not good enough.

But true he has a good record against the scum.
Fraggle

Re: Re: GIVE RAPER A NEW CONTR...

Post by Fraggle »

Warrior Wills posted:
I would not bat an eyelid if Raper left today !

He is simply not good enough.

But true he has a good record against the scum.
Whilst everyone is entitled to their opinion, I'm not sure exactly what you want from a coach. Any chance of some reasons why you think "he is simply not good enough"?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]