Mike Forshaw is our worst signing since DV

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Mike Forshaw is our worst signing since DV

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I tried to post this a moment ago, but lost it somewhere before I'd finished, so here's my second effort...

A large factor in Wigan's slow start to recent seasons and spates of injuries has been their lack of fitness. As the year goes on, there is a levelling out of fitness as injuries take their toll, and so our performances improve as other teams drop to our level.

Sorting that out is very important. You only need to look at the shape of the Saints compared with less fit teams like us (how long can Feca play for?) and the Wire, to see that they are far better conditioned. Forshaw has shown no evidence of being an improvement on what has gone before, if Wire's injury record and the shape of Briers is anything to go by. He just happens to be Noble's mate.

The most galling thing about this is that Saints do a lot of their conditioning work in Aspull, coached by people who know what they are doing!!!

Combined with the mystifying Orr for Leuluai and Godwin for Millard swaps that presumably the club is too ashamed to announce, my optimism for the future is wearing thin.
cpwigan

Re: Mike Forshaw is our worst ...

Post by cpwigan »

Walsh seems very good to me.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Exiled Wiganer posted:
A large factor in Wigan's slow start to recent seasons and spates of injuries has been their lack of fitness. As the year goes on, there is a levelling out of fitness as injuries take their toll, and so our performances improve as other teams drop to our level.
I think what happened last season was not clubs dropping to our level but our players fitness levels improving. We had more of the first team available in the latter half of the season than we did in the first half and they players generally did not seem as fragile. I put this down to Noble introducing a different training regime which I beleive he did with Vievers.
Sorting that out is very important. You only need to look at the shape of the Saints compared with less fit teams like us (how long can Feca play for?) and the Wire, to see that they are far better conditioned. Forshaw has shown no evidence of being an improvement on what has gone before, if Wire's injury record and the shape of Briers is anything to go by. He just happens to be Noble's mate.
Well maybe so but at the end of the day the buck stops with Noble so I can't see him employing someone who is going to give him problems.
Combined with the mystifying Orr for Leuluai and Godwin for Millard swaps that presumably the club is too ashamed to announce, my optimism for the future is wearing thin.
The signings you mention mystify me as well as everyone knows but the one thing the club can do is sign back room staff without worrying about the salary cap so with Forshaw I will at least cling to the hope Noble sees this as a good move.

Dave
LORENZO

Re: Mike Forshaw is our wo...

Post by LORENZO »

Who says he is coming to us as a conditioner.
Could he be employed for something else?? :sly:
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

LORENZO posted:
Who says he is coming to us as a conditioner.
Could he be employed for something else?? :sly:
First Human Tackle Bag?
stevocod

Post by stevocod »

Exiled Wiganer posted:
Godwin for Millard.
Is that confirmed yet?
dawbz

Post by dawbz »

stevocod posted:
Exiled Wiganer posted:
Godwin for Millard.
Is that confirmed yet?
Not been confirmed but i read a thread on RLFans that Millard trained at the JJB this week, but like i said i read it on RLFans ?.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Im glad to say no he did not!

ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

mickw posted:
Brian Noble has a good reputation for bringing young players through so we need to get behind him for at least three seasons the one thing we do need more than anything is stability.
Where in heavens name do you get that idea from. We were almost as guilty as t'Bulls last season but for the last several seasons the Bulls have been stuffed full of overseas players, last season 11!!, with a minimal number of English players, as the salry cap bit last year they off loaded Peacock Reardon Langley and Leon price and bought in old overseas players such as Gene, Bai and McKenna. The whole of Superleague is going the same way, no wonder Jamie Lyon says we've no chance.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Bert's Medal

Post by Bert's Medal »

Exiled Wiganer posted:
The most galling thing about this is that Saints do a lot of their conditioning work in Aspull, coached by people who know what they are doing!!!
I understand that Wigan may be working with Roy Wood next season.