Two Horse race

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Warrior Wills

Two Horse race

Post by Warrior Wills »

Raper has made his decision to go. Ok thanks, Stuart you did ok.
Now we need a coach who will take us up a notch, to a team that is better than a slightly above average.

I can only see two candidates at the moment in the running for the job.

A) Ellery ( the rest of the town don’t want me) Hanley – Ok we’ve been there !

B) Chris Anderson from Cron Sharks. I can’t help thinking that Maurice’s trip down under was just to land a player?

Well guess we will soon find out.
BIGbenlee

Re: Two Horse race

Post by BIGbenlee »

Is this Anderson bloke gonna be able to bring the super leaue to the jjb? i'm not so sure he is, but then again i don't want Ellery Hanley either. We need abit of 'MONIE'S MAGIC' again.
chorleywarrior

Post by chorleywarrior »

Not sure who i would prefer,most people will probably say Anderson,but do we really want another Aussie who will probably come for a couple of seasons and then go back?How many times is this going to happen?We need some sort of stability if we are going to get back to the top,this sort of thing unsettles the players and the team in general,what does everyone think?
wanny

Post by wanny »

lol bring back eric hughes, class coach
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Sorry not interested in either of those two.

My choice would be ...

Stuart Raper to stay !!

but as that is not going to happen ...

should we take a present coach from within Super League my choice would be ...

Shaun McRae from Hull, probably the best coach in the Super League era

if we bring a guy in from Australia, I would choose either ...

Brian Smith or Wayne Bennett, IMO we have no chance with Bennett but one can hope

Whoever comes in has to be quality.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Warrior Wills posted:

Raper has made his decision to go. Ok thanks, Stuart you did ok.
Now we need a coach who will take us up a notch, to a team that is better than a slightly above average.

I can only see two candidates at the moment in the running for the job.

A) Ellery ( the rest of the town don’t want me) Hanley – Ok we’ve been there !

B) Chris Anderson from Cron Sharks. I can’t help thinking that Maurice’s trip down under was just to land a player?

Well guess we will soon find out.
I thought Chairman Mo's trip Down Under was actually for a meeting of the Rugby League International Federation, who were having their 6-monthly meeting of which Mo is Vice-Chair. Today's "news"-papers (if the tabloids can be called such) are saying it will be Anderson. Remember he and Mautice are good friends, especially with what happened when Anderson had that heart attack 2 years ago.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Eric Hughes!!

You must be joking, the man who gave Sean Long to St Helens via a duff prop from Widnes, The man should be hung drawn and quartered
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Carlisle Warrior

Post by Carlisle Warrior »

Why are we talking about Anderson or Hanley - it seems to me that we don't want either. What about that other coach currently in union that had something to do with Wigan once upon a time?

The time is right to bring back Shaun Edwards!! A man with passion and pride in the club who would bring us success at every opportunity. So come on Maurice do the right thing and get Mr Edwards back to Wigan
"I would rather be a sinner than a saint!"
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Not a bad idea really, especially if we want someone 100% Wigan, he'd really get the team fired up before matches but maybe too much passion will lead to too much pressure? I don't know, but they need to have a good balance of passion and calm abut them to play to their potential in my opinion.
Dont know who we'll have next year but it means we're gonna have to stick by them for a few months til they get them selves settled in, I agree with the post in the other thread though, it is up to the fans now we haveee to be there to cheer them on to winning tha grand final.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
rugbynelly

Post by rugbynelly »

I would like to see Dennis Betts promoted, he is 100% wigan and is coaching most of the team allready as under 21's coach, but if anderson does come it might atract some top class aussie's over if theres a top class coach.
Well just have to wait and see
theres only 1 team in wigan