Fielden's position

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan Watcher

Fielden's position

Post by Wigan Watcher »

I have said it before and I will say it again, Fielden is a second rower and would be great for both GB and Wigan in that spot.

Fielden for second row!!!

100% Warrior

Re: Fielden's position

Post by 100% Warrior »

Can't agree to be honest.

When he arrived during the season you could see the difference it made to our front row, we could finally gain some ground and let Dobson/Orr do their stuff in the opponents end of the field.

Fielden has been consistantly one of the best prop forwards in Super League. OK, he's having a tough time in this series but he'll come through it.

All players hit bad form at times (and with Stuart presently it's understandable), it's how they come through it that shows you the class of the player.
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Wigan Watcher posted:
I have said it before and I will say it again, Fielden is a second rower and would be great for both GB and Wigan in that spot.

Why move a prop to Second Row for no reason, Wigan and GB already have enough Second Rowers but are lacking Props.

Fielden is one of the best Prop Forwards in the world and personally I don't think he has the ball handling skills to play at Second Row.
Mean Dean

Post by Mean Dean »

Exactly right.He has played at prop all his pro career he hasnt got the ball skills for a second row.
chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

if fielden was a second rower surley brian noble, who has been by his side for about ten years at bradford and now at wigan, will know what position he plays, if Noble see's him as a front rower because that's exactly what he is!!
To be the best
you have to beat the best
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

he may have been a second row 20 years ago just like second rower's may have been center's in same era lack of sharpness would be a problem , he may be ok but we already know he's a great prop and its props wigan need next year one maybe two don't make it three :exc:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bear

Post by Bear »

he is the greatest prop in rugby... play him at the position!
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

is the right answer bear :wink:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
bigkarl

Post by bigkarl »

adrenalinxx posted:
Wigan Watcher posted:

Why move a prop to Second Row for no reason, Wigan and GB already have enough Second Rowers but are lacking Props.

Fielden is one of the best Prop Forwards in the world and personally I don't think he has the ball handling skills to play at Second Row.

Erm just like to ask about this bit?I don't think he has the ball handling skills to play at Second Row????? Since when has a second row bean a ball handler to me a second rower is a back up to the props they take a couple of drives and a very solid in defence.Ok solomona is a one of have you ever seen hock pass hansen fletcher( he does abit).I really have never heard of a ball handling second row.Other than solomona and THIS IS NOT A DIG lol Iam just saying I have never heard of it :conf:
Come on Wigan!!
Likely_Lad

Post by Likely_Lad »

bigkarl posted:
adrenalinxx posted:
Wigan Watcher posted:

Erm just like to ask about this bit?I don't think he has the ball handling skills to play at Second Row????? Since when has a second row bean a ball handler to me a second rower is a back up to the props they take a couple of drives and a very solid in defence.Ok solomona is a one of have you ever seen hock pass hansen fletcher( he does abit).I really have never heard of a ball handling second row.Other than solomona and THIS IS NOT A DIG lol Iam just saying I have never heard of it :conf:
Fletch is one of the best ball playing 2nd rows in the world.
The poster formerly knows as Wizard_Millward.

I wasn't as fit or strong as before but my two biggest muscles still worked - my heart and my head - Kris Radlinski.