Next season

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
northeastwarrior

Next season

Post by northeastwarrior »

I am correct in thinking that next seasons good friday game is at Wigan? I know its a little early, but when will the tickets go on sale? Any ideas? Dont want to miss that one, when we give them a good thrashing!
chrisJJ

Re: Next season

Post by chrisJJ »

get a season ticket watch every match at home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and save money on buying tickets seperatley
To be the best
you have to beat the best
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

Not read anything officail on the wales thing, bt the hull speccies were saying that the games would all be derbies and would be one of the additional games from the end of the season, thus all teams lose one home game, so thats why our season tickets are cheaper this year. :sly:
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Lazy J posted:
the games would all be derbies and would be one of the additional games from the end of the season, thus all teams lose one home game
If all the matches were derbies how does that mean we all lose a home match? A derby has a home team and an away team, hence only half the sides would be at home in one round.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

I know that loosing one round to cardiff means half the sides loose a home game, I think the plan also includes leaving a blank weekend for an international possibly england v france, that way every team "looses" a home tie but should gain in the cave up of the attendance money from cardiff.
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Lazy J posted:
I know that loosing one round to cardiff means half the sides loose a home game, I think the plan also includes leaving a blank weekend for an international possibly england v france, that way every team "looses" a home tie but should gain in the cave up of the attendance money from cardiff.
I just can't see it working financially.
Lets say that it's Wigan v Saints at Cardiff.
We would expect in the region of 20k attendance + sales from refreshments, sponsorship on the day, programmes etc (if this was a home game for us).
That means you would need 60k at Cardiff for us to get the 20k share. Then, lets say another game on the same day is Wakefield Hudds, why should they get a 3rd of a 60k gate when they would only have had a couple of thousand.
The idea is good in theory, but how many would be prepared to travel on a bank holiday weekend?
I know the games are still to be announced, but assuming each day will consist of a mix of big clubs and those that are lesser supported I can only see around 30-40k tops.
I reckon support as follows:
Wigan 8,000
Stains 7,000
Wire, 6,000
Salford 2,000
Hudds 2,000
Leeds, 8,000
Bulls 8,000
Catalan 1,000 (generous, but easy for the maths)
London 2,000
Hull FC 4,000
KR 2,000
Wakey 2,000

That gives 52k divided by 2 days = 26k per day.
Maybe 5-10k will stop for both days.
It's not a final.
It's a Bank holiday.
Will cost more to get in than a home or an away game + travel + parking costs.
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The clubs will get little finance from the Cardiff weekend. It will go to the RFL. Mark my words.

The best matchups possible re attendance will be selected. So yes expect Wigan v Saints.

:angry:
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Cardiff Fixtures?

Saturday
Wigan v St Helens
Salford v Warrington
Catalans v Harlequins

Sunday
Hull FC v Hull KR
Braford v Leeds
Huddersfield v Wakefield

The clubs can either split the money 50/50 or the RFL can get the money and I know which one the RFL are going to choose.