GB Team

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

GB Team

Post by cpwigan »

Great Britain: Wellens, Pryce, Gleeson, Senior, Raynor; McGuire, Horne; Fielden, Newton, Peacock, Hock, Ellis, O'Loughlin.

Replacements (from): Roby, Morley, Gilmour, Wilkin, Yeaman, Carvell, Burrow.

Not sure what to say :conf: Roby, Morley and Gilmour will be subs. leaving 4 to fight out the last spot which will go to Wilkin at a guess.

Horne is the safe choice. I see no goal kicker :conf:
turf

Re: GB Team

Post by turf »

We are going to struggle on Saturday with that team. Wellens. I fail to see what Yeaman has done wrong to be dropped to the bench.

Heard from a good source today that we have Mr Klein again on Saturday and that Aus will not have Willie Mason. I'll bet Fielden's not half pleased about that!!!!!!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

If he wants to play Horne at s/h then at least pick Pryce at s/o as he is the best player in the squad for that position.

If he wants to play McQuire at s/o then play him with his Leeds team mate at s/h.

Playing Horne and McQuire is the worst combination.

Dave

Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

i would have dropped senior and play gleeson and play price and horne at half back.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Its beyond belief...Pryce needs to be at 6 as he proved against the Aussies. Yeaman should be in for Gleeson. You cannot drop Senior as his defence is awesome.

We will get tanked on the weekend with that team!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

You could put Barrie Mcderrmot at 7 if Pryce isn't at 6. Look at the facts. Pryce is not a winger FACT, he is one of a few who actually has the hunger to beat the aussies FACT, Britian so far have only won one game and it was when he played at 6 FACT
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think what we are seeing is the result of a poor selection from the GB selectors, the is not enough quality wingers in the side, you show me one coach in the league who would choose aspinall over calders or even ade gandener who has had a fine season, or even hodgson. No matter what we say the GB selection has still got that old boys club feel to it, pick the most noted star. We need players who aren't scared of the aussies Roby has been outstanding cos hes just ran at them with no fear, as has Pryce. Peacock has re-gained his finest form and is battering them cos he is running straight at them with his foot to the floor. How did players like higham who has proved himself at international level when he completely outshone K Cunnigham last year not had a look in.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Wigan_forever19 85 posted:
I think what we are seeing is the result of a poor selection from the GB selectors, the is not enough quality wingers in the side, you show me one coach in the league who would choose aspinall over calders or even ade gandener who has had a fine season, or even hodgson. No matter what we say the GB selection has still got that old boys club feel to it, pick the most noted star. We need players who aren't scared of the aussies Roby has been outstanding cos hes just ran at them with no fear, as has Pryce. Peacock has re-gained his finest form and is battering them cos he is running straight at them with his foot to the floor. How did players like higham who has proved himself at international level when he completely outshone K Cunnigham last year not had a look in.
Gardner, Higham, Hodgson, Calderwood. Our strength in depth is amazing! :wink:
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Mr Stu posted:
i would have dropped senior and play gleeson and play price and horne at half back.
Senior to wing, Gleeson and Yeaman as centres with Pryce at s/o. It's so obvious it makes me sick. :angry:
pedro

Post by pedro »

Yeaman is the best centre in the laegue and he cannot get in due to old names instead of form!
Fly in Gardner or Calderwood for replacement for Long...