FIELDEN

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
banjo

FIELDEN

Post by banjo »

Poor again today.
South Stand

Re: FIELDEN

Post by South Stand »

Along with most of team GB. The guys are just poor. Jamie Peacock was a fantastic leader. Stuart Fielden just didn't look well, had a lot of attention of aussies. :(
dawbz

Post by dawbz »

South Stand posted:
Along with most of team GB. The guys are just poor. Jamie Peacock was a fantastic leader. Stuart Fielden just didn't look well, had a lot of attention of aussies. :(
His face with a few mins to go said it all,Fielden has a lot on his mind and is playing with a leg injury, you are right in what you say every time Fielden got the ball BABOOM! 3 Aussies smashed him, the guy needs a rest now then come back next season with all guns blazing.
turf

Post by turf »

I feel extremely sorry for Fielden. I am sure with rest, recouperation, and treatment on his injured knee, that Stuart will be back on form for Wigan next year.

I also agree, he did NOT look well out on the field today, but given the circumstances that he has had to play in over the last few weeks, who can blame him.

Now our Tri Nations is over, he can (hopefully) grieve in piece and private. You'll Never Walk Alone Stuart.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

turf posted:
I feel extremely sorry for Fielden. I am sure with rest, recouperation, and treatment on his injured knee, that Stuart will be back on form for Wigan next year.

I also agree, he did NOT look well out on the field today, but given the circumstances that he has had to play in over the last few weeks, who can blame him.

Now our Tri Nations is over, he can (hopefully) grieve in piece and private. You'll Never Walk Alone Stuart.
:eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2:
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

OK, Fielden hasn't performed up to his own high standards during the tournament but I think it's understandable after whats happened off field.

In my opinion Fielden was very brave to put his hand up and still go on tour after what happened shortly before.

Stuart will be ready for the new season after he's recharged his batteries and more importantly been given time to come to terms with his mother passing away.

Of course we all like to win matches like these, especially against the Aussies. I just think that sometimes you need to take a step back and think it's just a game.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

at least he stayed to fight his corner ,even with the problems we all know hes got ,unlike some sts player we all know who that is as well :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

mike binder posted:
at least he stayed to fight his corner ,even with the problems we all know hes got ,unlike some sts player we all know who that is as well :lol:
Beat me to it!
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

i would feel proud!!!

Stuart Fielden has been through a lot this year, he's made a big move from bradford to wigan, his mum has been ill for the majority of the season and she dided on the eve of the first tri-nation match. he didn't turn his back on the team, he stayed for the whole tour and played every match.

Sean Long on the other hand was a disgrace, he left the team because of 'personal reasons' which i think is a load of rubbish, he bottled it.

Fielden could have done what Long did, he could have gone home but he didn't, he stood by the team he did his best, he hel his head high, that's why....

... i would feel proud
To be the best
you have to beat the best
Bear

Post by Bear »

i feel sorry for him. He is only human afterall

He isnt that big for a forward to be honest
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!