Favourite Wigan v Saints Match

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
adrenalinxx

Favourite Wigan v Saints Match

Post by adrenalinxx »

With the prospect of playing St Helens 4 times next season what has been your favourite Wigan v Saints match and why?

Mine would have to be Good Friday 2003 when a patched up Wigan side took on St Helens and beat them 24-22 at the JJB Stadium. The only first team players available were Danny Sculthorpe, Danny Tickle, Adrian Lam, Terry Newton and Brian Carney and young players such as Brown and Nick Roberts had to play.
mike binder

Re: Favourite Wigan v Saints M...

Post by mike binder »

think mine as to be the good friday missin impossible with the kids ,when we won at jjb ,the great kev brown played his first game ,then ofcourse the 27-0 win at wembley,but cant remember much of that.27 - 0 = trophy
75-0 = absoultly nothing lol :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
lucky 13

Re: Favourite Wigan v Saints M...

Post by lucky 13 »

:conf: two lancs cup games the first at central park 1984 i think we lost but 27 ooo crowd and start of the good years ,maninga played for saints ferguson for us ,kenny arrived later in season we won chalenge cup,second one at knowsley rd no tries great game gerrod mcracon hit deano with a ''bell ''ringer he got up just smiled :roll:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
stevo38

Re: Favourite Wigan v Sain...

Post by stevo38 »

challenge cup replay cant remember year was early 90s we went knowsley rd and won 40 something
Wigan sister

Post by Wigan sister »

2003 Good Friday game probably my favourite but Radlinski's performance made Murrayfield pretty memorable too.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

:D :D yes that game was good cause they thought they had a chance after going so close at central park last game ever at our old home was a good game but great day and sad aswell :conf: :D
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I'd have to choose the '59 Good Friday game, closely followed by the last game at CP.
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

Boxing Day 94, when Inga and Offiah scored late on-there was a good fight in the first half, only dreadful refereeing kept Saints in a game they were comfortably second best in (we played with 11 men for a big chunk of the second half), packed house, vintage RL, one of my favourite games of anything ever.

27-0 was great to be at Wembley for and the following year's semi at Old Trafford was a tense affair, a classic example of us playing very badly and winning

The 65-12 win at Sts in (97?) was fun too (especially Faz popping over a drop when we had a 50 point cushion) and winning from 20-0 with the Luke Robinson hat trick in 2003 wasn't bad either
*sparklynemo*

Post by *sparklynemo* »

DaiJones posted: winning from 20-0 with the Luke Robinson hat trick in 2003 wasn't bad either
that has too be one of my favourites too.

Murryfield werent half bad either lol :wink:
footballers spend 90 minutes pretending their injured, rugby players spend 80 minutes pretending their not!
pedro

Post by pedro »

Murryfield sat with lo9ads of scousers too.....was sweet