Danny Orr Talk

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
adrenalinxx

Danny Orr Talk

Post by adrenalinxx »

http://www.quins.co.uk/newspage.ink?nid ... orytype=RL

An interview with Danny Orr from the Quins website, abit of info on why he moved and how he is getting on down there, does mention LeuLeui is recovering from a 'bad' injury.
stevocod

Re: Danny Orr Talk

Post by stevocod »

adrenalinxx posted:

An interview with Danny Orr from the Quins website, abit of info on why he moved and how he is getting on down there, does mention LeuLeui is recovering from a 'bad' injury.
Interesting to see it was his decision to move, when certain individuals were blaming the club. Just a bit of an insight not to comment without facts or justification.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

stevocod posted:
adrenalinxx posted:

Interesting to see it was his decision to move, when certain individuals were blaming the club. Just a bit of an insight not to comment without facts or justification.
He is hardly going to say he was forced out and is only at London as second best is he?

He is just another casualty of the clubs mismanagement of the salary cap.

Dave
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

DaveO posted:
stevocod posted:
adrenalinxx posted:

He is hardly going to say he was forced out and is only at London as second best is he?

Dave
How can you substantiate this Dave? Orr makes a statement as plain as the nose on your face and, because it doesn't suit your theory, you simply imply that he is lying through his teeth!
ince warrior

Post by ince warrior »

jinkin jimmy posted:
DaveO posted:
stevocod posted: Interesting to see it was his decision to move, when certain individuals were blaming the club. Just a bit of an insight not to comment without facts or justification.

Dave
How can you substantiate this Dave? Orr makes a statement as plain as the nose on your face and, because it doesn't suit your theory, you simply imply that he is lying through his teeth!
Maybe, but Dave has got a point... Who would you choose, Quins or WIgan, a club he has been settled at for the past couple of years?
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGAN!!!

WRLFC & SCFC FOR LIFE!!!

WE HATE LATICS, SAINTS, MACCLESFIELD, BURNLEY, CITY, LEEDS, WIRE AND WREXHAM!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jinkin jimmy posted:
He is talking to the club press officer of the club he has just joined.

Look at Godwin. He is on record with several members of this board saying he wanted to stay and was happy here and since moving to Hull he has said its a great move for him etc. Two contradictory views.

Orr didn't want to leave either again according to what he said to fans and in a previous interview said words to the effect of "I am happy to be at a club where my services are wanted" or words to that effect. He clearly thinks he was not wanted and IMO the reason for that is most likely to be the salary cap.

It is what players do when giving interviews to the press particularly to press officers at their new club.

Dave
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

It doesn't matter who I would choose! The fact is Orr himself has publicly stated that he chose to leave the club! Why will no-one believe him?
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

DaveO posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
He is talking to the club press officer of the club he has just joined.

Look at Godwin. He is on record with several members of this board saying he wanted to stay and was happy here and since moving to Hull he has said its a great move for him etc. Two contradictory views.

Orr didn't want to leave either again according to what he said to fans and in a previous interview said words to the effect of "I am happy to be at a club where my services are wanted" or words to that effect. He clearly thinks he was not wanted and IMO the reason for that is most likely to be the salary cap.

It is what players do when giving interviews to the press particularly to press officers at their new club.

Dave
Whether he was wanted by the club or not is immaterial! You have posted often about people seeing their contracts out but when the subject is Orr you find his decision to leave the club has in some way been forced on him. He chose to leave in the middle of his contract!

DV isn't wanted and he chose to stay and honour his contract in the way you have asked others to do in the past!

As for Godwin, he also chose to leave because Hull were willing to pay him more.He was out of contract at the time and was perfectly entitled to do so. Instead of saying "he didn't want to leave" you could have just as easily - and accurately - said "he refused to stay without us doubling his salary."
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

I will tell you the fact on Danny Orr, it is then up to you whether you believe what I say or not.

Danny was told he would be playing second fiddle this coming season. He felt and it is believed he was right in thinking that he was not appreciated at the club, Danny took this personally and thought if they don’t want me then I will be on my way especially when he was told they would not stand in his way to leave.

Just two words to say again in relation to this topic

Maurice Lindsay
:angry:

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jinkin jimmy posted:

Whether he was wanted by the club or not is immaterial! You have posted often about people seeing their contracts out but when the subject is Orr you find his decision to leave the club has in some way been forced on him. He chose to leave in the middle of his contract!
And I have also posted the clubs should also honour contracts as well. It should work both ways but the way the contracts system works here on both sides makes it nigh on worthless as either side are prepared to walk away when it suits.
DV isn't wanted and he chose to stay and honour his contract in the way you have asked others to do in the past!
So what?
As for Godwin, he also chose to leave because Hull were willing to pay him more.
Than Wigan and that is the issue. I don't blame him in the slightest but I do blame the club for not offering him a new deal at a realistic level.
He was out of contract at the time and was perfectly entitled to do so. Instead of saying "he didn't want to leave" you could have just as easily - and accurately - said "he refused to stay without us doubling his salary."
Of course he left for more cash, the issue is Wigan were not prepared to compete for his signature but have chosen to spend money elsewhere i.e Withers and Millard.

I am sure many Leeds fans were disappointed they didn't try and retain Calderwood but that was also a club decision not to match what was on offer elsewhere.

I have no problem with either players attitude while they saw their contracts out. The problem is with Godwin case that the club let him leave and signed a 31 year old instead.

Dave