new travel scheme

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

new travel scheme

Post by Mike »

The club are trying to launch a new travel scheme to give supporters a lift to home matches from around the area. This seems like a good idea to me, but I would be quite supprised to see it work. You would need quite a concentration of Wigan fans in a single area for it to be convenient enough to be well used.

The club is asking for feedback on routes. I doubt there are enough Manchester based fans to warrant a route and the trains are pretty convenient anyway. Maybe Whitehaven would be good - there always seems to be tons of Wigan shirt around there.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news_full.asp?newsid=2515
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
johnsons_babexx

Re: new travel scheme

Post by johnsons_babexx »

living in morecambe i think it would be a good idea. i personally wouldnt use it because you can guarante that i wouldnt finish work in time for the coach but i know loads of people who dont go because they cant get travel down to wigan
Officially PJ'sNo.1.Fan!!

1/3 of the original Nobby's girls - we have the t-shirts to prove it!!!!!

JohnOK

Post by JohnOK »

I live in Durham! Will they come and collect me? :D
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

JohnOK posted:
Ahh, that famous place where the Pink Panther came from :lol:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Nine

Post by Nine »

FROM A TO B posted:
JohnOK posted:
Ahh, that famous place where the Pink Panther came from :lol:
The wind whistles mournfully as the tumbleweed rolls fitfully along the deserted main street .....
Squad number 18!
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

What ever will the club do next, will they be sending people out to do the supporters jobs so that they can leave early and make the Friday night kick offs.

The "Warriors Express" sounds like a good idea to get more people to the ground. If the club does all its research correctly this scheme could work, is there any mention of prices for the coach.

In addition to the fact supporters will get brought directly to the Stadium it will allow them to have an alcoholic drink (if they so choose) and make the journey to and from the games stress free.
I like the fact the club points out that having an alcoholic drink is not mandatory with the "Warriors Express"
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

adrenalinxx posted:
In addition to the fact supporters will get brought directly to the Stadium it will allow them to have an alcoholic drink (if they so choose) and make the journey to and from the games stress free.
I like the fact the club points out that having an alcoholic drink is not mandatory with the "Warriors Express"
Also quite interesting given that it seems to be illegal to drink alcohol on a coach, although some coach companies only restrict it for certain sporting events whilst others do a blanket ban - perhaps the statement needs to clarify that...

http://www.dvtani.gov.uk/compliance/bus ... aqs.asp#25
Driver and Vehicle Testing Agency wrote:
Can I consume alcohol on a Public Service Vehicle?

No, it is an offence for anyone to consume alcohol on a Public Service Vehicle, which upon conviction carries a maximum fine of £1000.
As someone who deals with coach trips on a regular basis, such a ban doesn't surprise me, it's a complete nightmare for a "coach leader" to clean up a coach where people have been getting boozed up, bottles and spilled beer everywhere. Regrettably many people don't think about cleaning up after themselves...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Bear

Post by Bear »

JohnOK posted:
:lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Fraggle posted:
adrenalinxx posted:
Also quite interesting given that it seems to be illegal to drink alcohol on a coach, although some coach companies only restrict it for certain sporting events whilst others do a blanket ban - perhaps the statement needs to clarify that...

http://www.dvtani.gov.uk/compliance/bus ... aqs.asp#25
Driver and Vehicle Testing Agency wrote:
Can I consume alcohol on a Public Service Vehicle?

No, it is an offence for anyone to consume alcohol on a Public Service Vehicle, which upon conviction carries a maximum fine of £1000.
As someone who deals with coach trips on a regular basis, such a ban doesn't surprise me, it's a complete nightmare for a "coach leader" to clean up a coach where people have been getting boozed up, bottles and spilled beer everywhere. Regrettably many people don't think about cleaning up after themselves...
Is a coach booked under a private charter a PSV? :conf:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Is a coach booked under a private charter a PSV? :conf:
A good question, and I think you would get a different answer from different coach companies. I know the ones we use through the university all ban alcohol on their coaches (and most of the ones I'm involved with are full of well-behaved Chinese and other international students, not your typical British undergraduate drunk!), and I saw a website for a Scotish coach firm explicitly stating that it is not legal to carry alcohol on coaches in Scotland, but whether that's one of those Scotland-only laws or a UK law I'm not sure. It's difficult to find proper factual information about coach hire and the law; I spent about 3 weeks earlier in the year trying to find out if/when it was going to become a legal requirement for all passengers to wear seatbelts on coaches, which became law sometime between February and April but I was not able to find anything more specific than that, even from the government's websites....
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]