Raper is history

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Raper is history

Post by DaveO »

I wish he'd stayed for his full three years but he didn't want to and now hes been given the boot.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of it he is an ex-Wigan RL coach and while I wish him all the best all the gnashing of teeth and wailing about his departure is starting to get me down.

He's not coming back. He's gone. Finito.

Mike Gregory is now the coach.

An RL coach's position is precarious at the best of times and when Raper decided to leave he opened the exit door wide enough to get shoved through it.

It's no surprise to me and while I am disappointed isn't it time to get behind Gregory and the team?

I've seen suggestions of singing songs about sack the board and about Raper on Bilko's board but surely the team need our support looking to the future not us harping on about an ex-coach?

Dave

wolftown warrior

Re: Raper is history

Post by wolftown warrior »

agree in the sense that we HAVE to get behind the team now..
the way the whole raper situ has gone it is nothing short that shocking really.. not very profesional at all for a team of our nature.

we have get behind the lads now & also gregory.. ha has been given the task of taking us on to old trafford, so we must give all the lads as much encouragment was possible!

which means no more booing the team off! terrible... qudos to every fan who stayed till the end & clapped our boys off the field..
united we stand & all that.
Deltic3

Re: Raper is history

Post by Deltic3 »

Here Here.

What is done is done. It is now all about the push for the GF. As for some fans booing the team off they ought to be ashamed of themselves. I have never booed them off nor have i ever left early.

People should appreciate what the players put themselves through week in week out and accept that we cannot win ever week.

Come on everyone get behind Mike Gregory and cheer our boys to Old Trafford!!