Tony Smith new Leeds Coach!!!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Jilly43

Tony Smith new Leeds Coach!!!!!!

Post by Jilly43 »

Just read this on Rlfans.com
Tony Smith is to become the new Leeds Coach from next season.

http://www.rlfans.com/network/southstan ... hp?sid=871

What do you all think, who is front runner now for Wigan Job?
ian.birchall

Re: Tony Smith new Leeds Coach...

Post by ian.birchall »

Praise the Lord!
We have escaped from Tony Smith. I know that Shaun Edwards says he does not want the job and I suspect that the JJB management do not want him either as he could be too much his own man to put up with any interference but all true Wigan fans will know that we could not get anyone who would be more committed to the Wigan cause and their simply would not be any more insipid displays like the first half against Widnes, he wold be on the field himself kicking the non performers into life.
Come on Maurice you know Edwards is the man to bring back the glory years.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
AJ

Re: Tony Smith new Leeds C...

Post by AJ »

shaun edwards has done nothing in RL as a coach, the wigan job is to big for him!

most TRUE wigan fans as you say, wouldnt want shaun to come back and fail like he would do due to his lack of expertise and practice

to give edwards the job would be stupid!
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
Jilly43

Post by Jilly43 »

Couldnt agree more AJ
this business with Edwards is just nostalgia coming out he would not be the best option at the moment
Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

We could do something like bring in Edwards as assistant coach. This would give him time to settle back in, get coaching experience and I reckon if this was done, we could have a really promising coach in the future. I don't think he would suffer fools gladly and won't stand for it when the players are having a lazy match like against Widnes!