Robinson out of retirement

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
mike binder

Robinson out of retirement

Post by mike binder »

jason robinson is back in the england squad fool or saviour what do you think :lol:

Moved to Off-Topic, since RU has little relevance to anything....
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
lucky 13

Re: Robinson out of retirement

Post by lucky 13 »

:D may'be he think's he may have a good centre to play outside of faz or even walker that back line looks ok now put pryce on other wing :cool: just short of another 11 players :lol:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
CherryandWhiteandProud

Re: Robinson out of retirement

Post by CherryandWhiteandProud »

FOOL
shawcross da warrior

Re: Robinson out of retire...

Post by shawcross da warrior »

SAVIOR the guy has amazing pace and i think would walk into that england team.... yeah with farrell inside of him that would work well as they both know each others game well enough.....

and i have been told that chev walker is in the engalnd "B" team already so he must have made a good impression although i dont think you have to be that good to get into that team as henry paul was in it when he played rugby union and i know for a fact he wasnt a consistant rugby player in union.....
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

I think the only way England RU are going to win anything is if they go back to the way they played when they won the last World Cup, which was basically play Rugby League. There was a big rugby league influence in England RU during the world cup and it was clear to see in the way they played. When the new coach came in after the World Cup he cut the links with Rugby League but I think the new coach has brought Robinson and Farrell in because they are good players but also because of their ability to play in that style.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

To be honest I couldn't give a toss about England RFU.
They did sod all for us and bask in the glory of kicking a few penalties.
I wish the likes of Faz and Billy all the luck in the world with their choice of career move and if they can milk the RFU for more easy money, then good luck to them
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

[quote]adrenalinxx posted:
I think the only way England RU are going to win anything is if they go back to the way they played when they won the last World Cup, which was basically play Rugby League.

PLAY RUGBY LEAGUE in world cup when they won ermmmmmmmmmm I must have seen something else ,not saying they wouldn't like to but really ???? the only teams that you can say that about are ALL BLACKS FRANCE on the odd occasion and FIJI they have a good fast back line thats why they can play sevens ,can't beleive im talking about this but England RU and league sorry but NO.
02/04/2010/

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

lucky 13 posted:
adrenalinxx posted:
I think the only way England RU are going to win anything is if they go back to the way they played when they won the last World Cup, which was basically play Rugby League.

PLAY RUGBY LEAGUE in world cup when they won ermmmmmmmmmm I must have seen something else ,not saying they wouldn't like to but really ???? the only teams that you can say that about are ALL BLACKS FRANCE on the odd occasion and FIJI they have a good fast back line thats why they can play sevens ,can't beleive im talking about this but England RU and league sorry but NO.
You must have been watching something else because it was obvious to me and about 25 other people who watched the RU World Cup with me, obviously England didn't play Rugby League but they adopted many styles of rugby league. They used many tactics which are more common in Rugby League than Rugby Union, like I said earlier since the World Cup England have moved away from that style of Rugby.

Obviously the Rugby League styles are more suited to RU sevens, but some tactics have been adapted to RU and were used by England to good effect.

You are thinking that all Rugby League tactics will involve pace in the backs but thats not true, if England decide to revert to the style they did when they won the world cup they look very closely and you start to see some Rugby League influences in their.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

From what i can remember England won world cup playing a tight negative game keeping ball tight to the maul and when on the move via the rolling maul sucking in opposition forwards until a advantage could be made through a kick ,my point was that you will never take away the rugby skills of robinson which were gained by playing league but also naturally gifted as well ,they may have put the odd move on which was RL based but they won that cup with a traditional RU style both tries were scored by EX RL players thats about it.
For every 25 people you say said it was RL that won it for them their would be 100 RL fan's asleep or in the garden watching the grass grow

ALL BLACKS yes they have quality backs(i am not so inept in the complexity's of league moves or techniques to think that pace in the backs is only league quality they could adopt) but they are the only team that seam to have forwards who i would like us to have ,Fiji because of lack of ability in pack to tie teams down can only show flair in sevens and glimpses at the full game .
RL didn't win cup Wilkinson's kicking game won it on the back of a boring forward game if you can't see this then yes we were watching a completely different game. :D :D :D :D
02/04/2010/

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

lucky 13 posted:
From what i can remember England won world cup playing a tight negative game keeping ball tight to the maul and when on the move via the rolling maul sucking in opposition forwards until a advantage could be made through a kick ,my point was that you will never take away the rugby skills of robinson which were gained by playing league but also naturally gifted as well ,they may have put the odd move on which was RL based but they won that cup with a traditional RU style both tries were scored by EX RL players thats about it.
For every 25 people you say said it was RL that won it for them their would be 100 RL fan's asleep or in the garden watching the grass grow

ALL BLACKS yes they have quality backs(i am not so inept in the complexity's of league moves or techniques to think that pace in the backs is only league quality they could adopt) but they are the only team that seam to have forwards who i would like us to have ,Fiji because of lack of ability in pack to tie teams down can only show flair in sevens and glimpses at the full game .
RL didn't win cup Wilkinson's kicking game won it on the back of a boring forward game if you can't see this then yes we were watching a completely different game. :D :D :D :D
England used their forwards to great effect during the world cup mainly because their forwards were some of the best in the world at the time but what were the backs doing during these matches, don't think they suddenly start playing Rugby League but a few of the tactics they use are straight from a Rugby League tactic book. Perhaps rent or buy the Rugby Union World Cup DVD and watch it again.

Caution: Rugby Union World Cup DVD may cause drowsiness do not operate heavy machinery.