Just Read Mike Gregs Book

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
TSB

Just Read Mike Gregs Book

Post by TSB »

Just Read Mike Gregs Book what a great book it is to.
very enjoyable but also vey sad. All the very best to Mike and his family. Keep fighting Mike.
Bear

Re: Just Read Mike Gregs Book

Post by Bear »

Yeah Best Wishes to Mike...

I have Robinson Autobiography and i cant get away from it at the moment fantastic so far.

The Barry McDermot is ment to be good also but i havent read that one yet
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
TSB

Re: Just Read Mike Gregs B...

Post by TSB »

Barry Macs well worth a read. Bit of a rum lad.in his day. But still a gentleman
Bear

Post by Bear »

Yeah heard that theres proberbly a load of bust ups in it
My dad said he will try and get it signed when my sisters team plays waterhead as he has a son of her age.
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Yes Mike's book is very good also very sad makes you realize what a blessing life is ,having two young kids of my own reading it is heart wrenching.

Jason robinson's book starts well he had a hard time growing up ,my view of him is a bit split at the end he seems to loose who he really is ,although this may be because he wanted to leave his past behind,maybe i lost interest when he goes to union and goes posh,also maybe because I would still love him to be gracing our shirt with such great natural talant.

Also read John Monie's book which is a good read.
Andy Gregory's good in part but the game seem's to have left him a bit empty and bitter. Another good read from the good times is Blood Mud and Glory a insight into a winning team on and off the feild.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jake

Post by Jake »

[quote]TSB posted:
Have not read Mike's book yet,but two good books to read are "The Best Years Of Our Lives" and When Push Comes To Shove
num lock

Post by num lock »

TSB posted:
Just Read Mike Gregs Book what a great book it is to.
very enjoyable but also vey sad. All the very best to Mike and his family. Keep fighting Mike.
Have also just read Mike Gregory's book,couldn't put it down,it has really opened my eyes to what type of people Lindsay & Whelan are.I have read stories on here about them, but I suppose I have never really wanted to beleive them, what a couple of b!$£"rds.

I was fortunate to meet Mike Gregory once, a lad that I was friendly with in the late 80s early 90s introduced me to him in the Bees Knees one summer Saturday night.I was amazed that someone who didn't know me could be so friendly towards me,and make me feel like one of his old friends,a really really special guy.

Good luck Mike.
Woodentop07

Post by Woodentop07 »

nothin to do with rugby but lance armstrongs books are brilliant and very moving. would recommend them to anyone!!
Wigan til i die!!
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I have also just read Mike Gregory's book. i thought it was very compelling. It was wierd at first when reading about stories and matches and I was thinking to myself "I remember that game, I was there". When Mike spoke of Dave Chisnall the former Warrington legendary prop it was funny, as I play golf with Dave and I am good mates with him, I can just imagine him saying some of the things that Mike mentions.
The book also angered me when I was reading about Maurice and Whelan. I have read many stories on here about the types of people that they are but it is only when someone as modest as Mike puts it in black ans white do we realise what a pair of meddling, bullying, interfering, nobodies they both really are. One has bought his recognition and is a horrible nasty man and the other, as Mike puts it, has let the game pass him by and is ruining our once great club.
A great read though and much different from my usual reading material. (military)
The book made me quite sad because, as somebody else mentioned, having a young family brings it home to you. I almost felt like I wanted to go round to Mikes house and shake his hand.
Keep fighting Mike, I'm sure you'll beat this latest (temporary) setback.

moffsta

Post by moffsta »

Bear posted:
Yeah Best Wishes to Mike...

I have Robinson Autobiography and i cant get away from it at the moment fantastic so far.

The Barry McDermot is ment to be good also but i havent read that one yet
get Big Baz' Autobiog Bear you'll love it..... a most engrossing epistle :eh: