Wiganers

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
waterside glens

Re: Wiganers

Post by waterside glens »

i'm a true wiganer if coming from norn ireland counts :D
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

True Wiganer. Lived here all my life. However, I can see me having to move elsewhere.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

I've no connection to Wigan at all! Born in Morecambe, have lived in Lancaster, Sunderland, western France and Manchester but have neither lived nor have any family anywhere near Wigan! But Wigan was still the closest professional club to where I was born and used to live, so they're kind of my local team...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Bear

Post by Bear »

Born in Billinge Hospital... lived in Platt Vegas :lol: for 3 years moved to mighty Ince :exc: :lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

I am from Workington in Cumbria and have supported Wigan for over 25 years. A little bit of local information for your trip to Whitehaven, early February.
It is a true fact that the local miners of Whitehaven staple diet was jam in their sandwhiches. This was to disguise the taste of the coal that they were extracting. The title of "Jameater" or "Jambo" for short was given to the people of Whitehaven as a result.
If you ask this of any Whitehaven supporter, he or she will emphatically deny this fact, stating that the people of Workington are actually the Jam eaters. There were very few mines in Workington, just lush green fields, so this cannot be true of the people of Workington, anyway we have special grooves in our Wellington boots and are called "Sheep Shaggers". Enjoy your trip North, Aye.
right cross

Post by right cross »

lived in standish all my life ,although played for adlington for a while in my younger years. does that count as a true wiginer[ iam sure mr binder and all of his cronies will have there view] :conf:
the big i

Post by the big i »

says on my passport. Place of birth: Wigan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

the big i posted:
says on my passport. Place of birth: Wigan
But are you a true wiganer?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Bear

Post by Bear »

right cross posted:
lived in standish all my life ,although played for adlington for a while in my younger years. does that count as a true wiginer[ iam sure mr binder and all of his cronies will have there view] :conf:
NOT ANOTHER SHARK! :exc: :lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
moffsta

Post by moffsta »

Born and bred in Darwen (yuk), Warriors nearest team to us and used to be in a band with some guys from wigan in the early 90's and the rest is history :wink: