England 42 Scotland 20

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
cpwigan

Re: England 42 Scotland 20

Post by cpwigan »

I have even read union pundits blaming Faz for the final try when Tindall swallowed a dummy. Faz only got 6 out of 10 on the BBC website ratings too. Tindall got 7 and Robinson got 8.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan posted:
How on earth did that video ref give the Wilkinson try? Even Robonez would have spotted his foot in touch :wink:
He would but would also have come up with an excuse!

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan posted:
I have even read union pundits blaming Faz for the final try when Tindall swallowed a dummy. Faz only got 6 out of 10 on the BBC website ratings too. Tindall got 7 and Robinson got 8.
I only saw the last 10 minutes or so but one comment that made me laugh was from Eddie Butler when Faz carried the ball up, was tackled, went to ground and set the ball up. As you do in Union.

The comment was "He sat that up as if he had been doing it all his life".

The comment obviously was intended to suggest what Faz had done was some execute some incredibly complex bit of Union play.

My son who plays RU was told to do this at age 10 (he's 12 now) and just did it. He could do it because it is a simple thing to do. It isn't rocket science.

There is so much condescending claptrap spoken about the "complexities" Union it just beggars belief.

As to Faz being blamed for that late Scots try I was waiting for that. He was actually covering Tindall's position and got a darn sight closer then the one who bought the dummy. The commentators ought to have said Faz nearly got him and live they didn't blame him IIRC but its no surprise pundits are now having a go.

Dave
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

DaveO posted:
cpwigan posted:
How on earth did that video ref give the Wilkinson try? Even Robonez would have spotted his foot in touch :wink:
He would but would also have come up with an excuse!

Dave
I can't say as I haven't seen it :D
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

i watched most of it and i thought it was a good game, its probs the only game of union ive seen where there wasnt that much kicking to each other like they normaly do. i only watched it to see how farell and robinson play togeather again.
IN WANE WE TRUST
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Not being any kind of expert about RU, I was a bit bemused by all the praise thrown at Wilkinson. Yes, he managed to stay fit for 75 minutes for the first time in years, he was under a lot of pressure from the media, and he kicked lots of goals, but.... would Faz have got as much praise if he had been handed those goals to kick? And there was also a lot (but not as much) media pressure on him as well. I'm not saying goal kicking isn't an important skill, but from watching the game on Saturday they were almost treating Johnny like Superman because he was able to pop a few kicks over the sticks. I thought that was a bit excessive.
In terms of general play, I was happy to see Faz getting involved in a little bit of ball handling moves later on - I've no time for the endless scrums, rucks and mauls in Union where no-one can really see who's got the ball and what's really happening - but more impressive than either Faz or Johnny was the scrum half Harry Ellis. But overall, not a game I particularly enjoyed watching, particularly the first 20 minutes which was akin to watching paint dry. Roll on Friday and some proper rugby...!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

The media bummed johnny because he's the only guy who can 'save' them from humiliation in the 6 nations, who else can get them quick points? Yes Farrell can kick but was his first cap.

I watched the game also... I was wondering why on englands last try... the guy was tackled, but there were 4 or 5 england men piled on top, with 1 stood behind bent over just waiting for some reason with the ball in front of him, all the scottish players were just stood there also watching a non-moving ball... nobody moved for 10 seconds... why? whats the point? how long can they stand there before passing a ball?

rah-rahs!

I think i will wear my t-shirt to uni tomorrow:
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

FROM A TO B posted:
BBC still full of prejudice as far as i'm concerned :angry:
The one exception, I thought, was old Jiffy. I've never had much time for him when he commentates RL, him and French babbling away inanely always reminds me how much better off we are with Sky having Superleague, but he was prepared to knock back some of hype and bull**** that the others were coming out with. And it was clear he was the only one who had any idea what our sport is all about, able to comment on Farrell without any particular discrimination.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Bear

Post by Bear »

A+L How much do them tee shirts cost and how do you get one? The ace
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I made it myself. I sent a design to a printing firm and they sent it back, cost about £13. It has a 'League version' on the front of it.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame