Video Ref Decisions

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
JIMH

Video Ref Decisions

Post by JIMH »

I don't know what peoples opinon on these are but after watching Ganson spend 5 mins trying to work out how he can disallow a huddersfield try i've come up with a new solution.

How about giving the video ref 60 or 90 seconds to check the footage and if it is a 50/50 call or if he can't clearly see why a try shouldn't be given the try should be awarded benefit of the doubt to the attacking team.

I'm fed up of seeing a video ref spend 5 mins checking replays only for a "NO TRY" decision when he obviously can't make his mind up. Why do we have the "benefit of the doubt" ruling if its not going to be used???
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
Fraggle

Re: Video Ref Decisions

Post by Fraggle »

JIMH posted:
I don't know what peoples opinon on these are but after watching Ganson spend 5 mins trying to work out how he can disallow a huddersfield try i've come up with a new solution.

How about giving the video ref 60 or 90 seconds to check the footage and if it is a 50/50 call or if he can't clearly see why a try shouldn't be given the try should be awarded benefit of the doubt to the attacking team.

I'm fed up of seeing a video ref spend 5 mins checking replays only for a "NO TRY" decision when he obviously can't make his mind up. Why do we have the "benefit of the doubt" ruling if its not going to be used???
The thing is he's not just checking if it's a try or not. If it is a try, that's easy. If it's not, he's got to decide how play should restart. Scrum? Penalty? Drop-out? Restart on the 10m? He needs to check who had the ball last, in what direction did they play it, etc, so I'd imagine that's what takes up all the time.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
dawbz

Post by dawbz »

I think we should employ the guy that gave Johnny Wilkinson a try on saturday against Scotland, that was just unbelievable, what the hell was he looking at?.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

dawbz posted:
I think we should employ the guy that gave Johnny Wilkinson a try on saturday against Scotland, that was just unbelievable, what the hell was he looking at?.
He was probably as full of adoration as everyone else seemed to be for the wonderful Johnny such that he never saw the guy's foot in touch because of being dazzled by the sun shining out of his...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Nine

Post by Nine »

Dear, dear little Sir Johnny. So good of him to take the time to let a few lepers touch the hem of his garment on the way out of the stadium, too. Cures are usually so hard to find otherwise...
Squad number 18!
donny

Post by donny »

pathetic we all know ganson comes from stains. enough said.
Bear

Post by Bear »

I would have give it... Benifit of the doubt and as stevo said Without.... a doubt :lol: :lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

ganson hadn't a clue so he should of aleast let hudds have the ball and moved the tackle count back also the number of times klown blew for crossing was embarrassing
W1GANER

Post by W1GANER »

I have to admit i also thought it was a try. It is pointless having benefit of doubt if it's not going to be used.
right cross

Post by right cross »

another way to look at it is this?what if the video ref was the only person to see the footage in slow mo,would we or any other comentator be able to comment on it ,no . [i am not defending the merry whistle blowers by any means,after the saints game i reckon thay all should be ashamed he was abismal]just another way to look at things