Alarmingly Poor

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan Watcher

Alarmingly Poor

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Alarmingly Poor

Well I was at the game last night and were do I start. Should I be optimistic, should I be pessimistic, or should I just not predict the future and call the game as I saw it?

Lets not say what we can and cannot do lets just talk about the game last night.

Terrible comes to mind

Positives: Hock and Bailey played well and I thought Lockers was solid.

Negatives: The rest played poorly, the worst being Richards, Barrett did not create, Leuluai
was a big problem for me and I already have doubts over his ability. Fielden was poor along with the rest of the pack bar one. I can go on about everyone but I think I have said my piece.

O yes and Millard! What are we doing buying him. Out of shape and way too slow.

DaveO

Re: Alarmingly Poor

Post by DaveO »

Wigan Watcher posted:
Alarmingly Poor
We were and one of the things that springs to mind now the dust has settled is how we didn't look like a team. Pretty much as we didn't at the start of last season.

I am sure some will say that it will take time due to all the comings and goings player wise but why are we in that position yet again?

The club is just making it hard for itself letting players go it should not have and bringing in players it did need to so we end up with no one knowing each others game.

Dave

thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO posted:
Wigan Watcher posted:
Alarmingly Poor
We were and one of the things that springs to mind now the dust has settled is how we didn't look like a team. Pretty much as we didn't at the start of last season.

I am sure some will say that it will take time due to all the comings and goings player wise but why are we in that position yet again?

The club is just making it hard for itself letting players go it should not have and bringing in players it did need to so we end up with no one knowing each others game.

Dave

Great post Daveo and spot on.

We looked like a buch of individuals not a team. That will come and we will be a lot better.

adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

DaveO posted:

Dave
:eusa2: spot on but the problem is this has been happening for season after season now. Clubs like Leeds and Saints have gradual transitions, if Wigan had been able to slowly bring in a few players I think Wigan would still be top 3, Super League is leaving Wigan behind.
faz13

Post by faz13 »

4 god sake give the team time 2 gel 2gether it cant happen all at once, give it 4 or 5 weeks if its not going good then give them loads but not after 1 game,believe or not but we are not the best team in the comp but we are trying 2 get their again but it takes time
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

faz13 posted:
4 god sake give the team time 2 gel 2gether it cant happen all at once, give it 4 or 5 weeks if its not going good then give them loads but not after 1 game,believe or not but we are not the best team in the comp but we are trying 2 get their again but it takes time
Well put
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

faz13 posted:
The point I was making was we are yet again having to "give them time" because yet again it has been like musical chairs on the playing roster.

We start slow because the players are not a team and we have been in this situation too often in recent seasons. We ship half the first team out and replace them and then we end up having to wait half a season to get them playing as a unit.

Dave
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Flash posted:
and I thought Lockers was solid.
credit where it's due for that particular post but, my God, will you give us a warning first! I need a lie down now to get over the shock! :o :D
I even thought he was ok last night :wink:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

They could have won the match albeit they were poor with the ball. As Dave said you could tell Wire had been conducted by Briers for a very long time. To be honest, I do not think Wire did anything different from what they come up with v us every match. The moves / tactics looked the same. as people have stated their execution was far better and it should have been.

My thoughts were. New signings need to be arriving at the club much earlier and training is more important than meaningless friendlies. Not sure the friendlies had any value whatsoever. You will not create a decent attack with only a weeks training as a unit.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan posted:
My thoughts were. New signings need to be arriving at the club much earlier and training is more important than meaningless friendlies. Not sure the friendlies had any value whatsoever. You will not create a decent attack with only a weeks training as a unit.
I think the friendlies would have had far more value if Barrett had been fit to play. It was always going to be too new a half back pairing to deliver anything much on Friday. Which is something we seem to say every season which is my point.

Dave