Re: Richards and Carney swap??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: Richards and Carney swap??

Post by thegimble »

Something is gonna happen with Carney soon. If it gets into the crappy national papers as that story did yesterday then something is up.

Id guess within a month Carney will be back.
DaveO

Re: Richards and Carney sw...

Post by DaveO »

thegimble posted:
Can he kick goals? Mind you the jury is still out on Richards on that score as well.

Dave
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO posted:
thegimble posted:
Can he kick goals? Mind you the jury is still out on Richards on that score as well.

Dave
Well hes got 100% record for the club.

Dobson or Faz or even Botica did not have that :cool:
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

he did agaisnt hudds away, remember that?
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

i wouldnt like the idea myself. i liked carney when he was here and he was a good player, and he can still do a job but the injruies are mounting up. the fact richards is probably our only recognizeable goal kicker (just) is one reason we need to keep him. he isnt a bad winger.

Nine

Post by Nine »

People said Brian's heart wasn't in it that last season, and he played like it. I was one of them to be honest, and it's still my opinion. But even Brian at his least interested is a ball of fire compared to Paddy No-Breaks.

It's only the goal-kicking that would be worry - but then, Richards hasn't settled into that yet anyway.
Squad number 18!
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

ive never questioned brian's heart, but is he what wigan need at the moment? you are picking out a so called 'weak link' in pat richards and trying to replace him with an injury prone brian carney. richards will settle in when the team start to play AS A TEAM. we saw the better of him at the end of last season as we did with DV. getting on his back isn't going to increase his confidence level is it?

jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

So this was a rumour in our papers? I heard it over the weekend from Aus!! Apparently Pat's wife hasn't settled too well.

Re Carney, if this happens he must think Wigan are the best thing since sliced bread. We let him walk out of his contract to ply his trade in Aus a year early only to offer him a lifeline when he decides to bail out on the Aussies too. Unbelieveable!!
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

pat richards looked miserable on fri night .Once he knocked on(if you watch closely you'll see a wire hand push the ball out)with his first touch he just looked like he felt sorry for himself. The story about his wife not settling has been going since he arrived.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

wouldn't you feel sorry for yourself if you had to put up with the criticism he does. it's down to us to make a difference. saying he is crap and talking abotu replacing him isnt doing any good for his cofidence, we need to get behind him and other under performers as much as possible.