Do you want the Les Catalan game for free?

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Antwigan

Do you want the Les Catalan game for free?

Post by Antwigan »

I have now uploaded to mininova (see links below) the game (ironed out the earlier probs). There are two versions available for you free. There is the DVD widescreen version that I have encoded or the avi (smaller file) that can be played on your PC or Divx/Mpeg4 DVD players. I will seed at full speed for you all to leech from me (and then each other so speed will pick up the longer you leave it. The software I would use is Bitcomet 0.84 or the latest azureus. Both available free from http://www.filehippo.com/ and once this prog is downloaded you then go to here for the DVDversion
http://www.mininova.org/tor/590016
or here for the avi version
http://www.mininova.org/tor/590014
I hope this doesn't offend anyone as I got the file for free and took 4hrs encoding it to DVD format plus the time to download I felt it would be a waste not to share it with you lot.
I also have many other games to share should you so wish. Example Aussie Grand Finals from 1968, various state of origins etc...
Campions of the rugby world.
cpwigan

Re: Do you want the Les Catala...

Post by cpwigan »

Ant I would not mind accessing State of Orign matches etc. I have a large collection of matches on DVD. If you want to get in touch my addy is centralparkwigan@hotmail.com
Fraggle

Re: Do you want the Les Ca...

Post by Fraggle »

I'm kind of obliged to ask, given my moderator role on here, but is this file sharing stuff legal? I don't want to see the website getting into trouble for people advertising the fact they are making copywrited material available without permission...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Antwigan

Post by Antwigan »

File sharing is legal, yes. I already own the games I get on sky + and/or vhs. Theyre backups... :)
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Antwigan posted:
File sharing is legal, yes. I already own the games I get on sky + and/or vhs. Theyre backups... :)
No you don't! I think you will find anything Sky broadcast is copyright protected which means you can't copy the material and distribute it.

File sharing of none copyright material is legal so the question is, is your material copyright protected?

Dave
Antwigan

Post by Antwigan »

Then why do sky allow/promote stuff to be recorded onto DVD recorders? Why dont they just macro it?Plus I'M not asking for payment as well
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Antwigan posted:
Then why do sky allow/promote stuff to be recorded onto DVD recorders? Why dont they just macro it?Plus I'M not asking for payment as well
There is a difference between recording to a PVR (Sky+), DVD recorder or VCR (remember them :lol:) for time shifting purposes and recording it for distributing it to others.

Sky won't like this because others may not have a sky sports subscription so are effectively getting the game for free. That is why they copyright the material. They will give you a license to record it for time shifting but I bet if you look into the terms and conditions you are also supposed to only keep the recording for a limited time on the Sky+ box.

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The programme concerned is from French TV not SKY

More seriously. We have people stabbing others in Wigan, people shooting each other in Manchester and London. File sharing pales into insignificance :)
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

cpwigan posted:
The programme concerned is from French TV not SKY

More seriously. We have people stabbing others in Wigan, people shooting each other in Manchester and London. File sharing pales into insignificance :)
True, but the busybodies who take action about such things often seem to concentrate on the trivial over the most important issues. That seems to be the way the country is run these days - take action on things of relatively minor importance but which can be done quickly so you can say you've achieved something, whilst ignoring the more deep-seated problems in society...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Sadly that is very true Fraggle