HOW RIDICULOUS......

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

HOW RIDICULOUS......

Post by turf »

Are the fans on the RLFansite?!?!?! I KNOW you say don't take notice of them but I have just been on there now, and I have seen that they are REALLY slating Chris Ashton.

They say that his dicsipline and form needs sorting quickly, which I disagree with by the way and they say there are two remedies and they are:

1. Drop him altogether

2. Give him a spell in the under 21's.

Please!!!!!! In my opinion, doing ANY of the two options listed above would MASSIVELY dent Ashton's confidence.

They surley aren't "loyal supporters" that's for sure. We need to get behind this kid and support him, not slate him.
adrenalinxx

Re: HOW RIDICULOUS......

Post by adrenalinxx »

All players have to be dealt with differantly and it is up to the coach to decide the best way.

Some players will lose all confidence if they are dropped but if they play badly then they don't deserve a place in the side.

Noble may feel that Ashton will react best to having a few weeks in the under u21s to get more confidence and work on his game in a less intense atmosphere.

Just because Ashton is young it doesn't mean he should be treated any differantly for the other players, he had a poor game against Bradford and to be honest I wouldn't be suprised to see Ashton spend some weeks in U21 because no one else in the backs deserves to lose their place really, even DV has improved.
turf

Post by turf »

The fun will start if he reacts badly if he gets a spell in the under 21's. It may dent his confidence, because he will be used to the cut and thrust, rough and tumble of week in, week out, tough, rugby league.

Therefore, it may not be wise to drop him to the under 21's.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I dislike RLFans, although I do contribute sometimes. You cant do anything on there... people going on powertrips etc...

at least on here you can manipulate people like Fraggle.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

i have had 1 or 2 bad trips on there ,refuse to make a comment any more ,but do go on to c what is going on :blush:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I think critcism of Ashton is pretty justified going off his performances this season. At Salford he made a couple of errors, particularly positionally he seemed off the ball. This has continued into the season, he seems quite schoolboy in the way he plays (perhaps understandably); running through the ruck to get sin-binned, delaying when the ball is live ingoal and the way he steals a yard at each play-the-ball (I'm suprised he hasn't been pulled for that yet).

Whether to drop him or put him in the Academy is a good idea or not is up to Nobby.
turf

Post by turf »

Robjoenz aren't the referees blowing for enough penalties as it is WITHOUT picking Ashton up on nicking a yard or two at the play the ball?

Mind you, you are right, about why he has not been picked up yet, considering the new edict from the RFL, the player MUST put his foot firmly on the ball.

Saying that there'd be penalties for nothing else other than play the balls if you were just going to pick up on those and nothing else.

Just think, how many dodgy/no attempts whatsoever play the balls, go unoticed by officials during the games - a lot.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

turf posted:
Robjoenz aren't the referees blowing for enough penalties as it is WITHOUT picking Ashton up on nicking a yard or two at the play the ball?
I think he should be penalised for it. It's not a case of there being enough penalties already, he shouldn't be doing it. It winds up opposition players when a yard of their territory is stolen.
Mind you, you are right, about why he has not been picked up yet, considering the new edict from the RFL, the player MUST put his foot firmly on the ball.
There's no such thing... it's the same as ever, as long as you make an attempt it's ok. However, merely lifting the leg over the ball is not enough. The odd one or two may get let off with a warning but repeat offenders should be punished IMO. IMO players lifting their foot but not playing it should be warned, those rolling it between their legs should be penalised immediately.
turf

Post by turf »

The problem is they aren't being penalised enough. Because we are Wigan fans, shouldn't we be glad that Ashton is pinching a yard or two because he is then gradually moving the team up field.

Where do you lie Robjoenz, in the "Ashton's best postion debate" by the way? Should he be at full back, centre or wing?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

robjoenz posted:
I think critcism of Ashton is pretty justified going off his performances this season.
Given he has played a grand total of two SL games at full back this season don't you think it is a little premature to be saying things like that especially given how well he did for us last season?

Before the season started there were loads of posts saying it would take several games for the team to gel and here we are criticising one of last seasons best players after three games one of which he was asked to play out of position.

It is ridiculous IMO.

Dave