Relegation Thread (2) The Sequel

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
primrose-n-blue

Relegation Thread (2) The Sequel

Post by primrose-n-blue »

Relegation, dare i be the first to post it, so be it.
We all know that for a piece of fortune in France Wigan would already be rooted at the bottom of the league.
I'm not trolling, its a real threat.
I said before the season got going that the Wigan pack just isn't big enough, and Wigan desperately need a prop, and a very good one at that.
Feka is doing all the heavy stuff and he's just a 20minute man, Fieldon isn't doing the work Feka is doing, he's more like a second rower really in work rate.
Wigans backs can almost match any team so talk of dropping Ashton or Richards like i've read on other threads is crazy. No back, however classy can work behind a week forward line.
The problem my be that Wigan have spent too much of the precious salary cap on Fieldon whereas that could have financed 2 heavy weights. :blush:
Matthew

Re: Relegation Thread (2) The...

Post by Matthew »

primrose-n-blue talked crap as usual by saying:
I'm not trolling
That would be a first

4 Games in and you are talking about relegation - it sounds like you are fantasizing - again. If you spent half the time supporting your own club, rather than spouting b*****ks on here then you would be wire's No 1 fan.

Despite your little wet dream of Wigan being relegated - it won't matter, because we would be given a franchise for 2009 anyway - even Dave Woods thinks so:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 406355.stm
Dave Woods wrote
We can guess at some of the 'franchise clubs' that are bound to be in: Wigan, Leeds, Bradford, St Helens, Hull, Harlequins, Catalans, Warrington. It will be unthinkable that any of those would be left out.
First on the list as always - funny that wire are mentioned AFTER les cats.

Face it, we're a bigger more successful club than wire will ever be - and would be if we shut the door and closed the club now.

You never post anything positive about the Wigan; most of your posts are of the "you're going to get relegated" or "we beat you" type. When wire get stuffed or Wigan are going well (like the tail end of last season) you are nowhere to be seen

If you read the top of the site, you will see that this site is "by the fans, for the fans" and you fail on both categories.

The only mystery to me is why you haven't been blocked like all the other trolls. And if you continue to post the crap that currently serves as your opinion - then it is something that I think the moderators should look into.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
GeoffN

Re: Relegation Thread (2) ...

Post by GeoffN »

Matthew posted:
You never post anything positive about the Wigan; most of your posts are of the "you're going to get relegated" or "we beat you" type. When wire get stuffed or Wigan are going well (like the tail end of last season) you are nowhere to be seen

If you read the top of the site, you will see that this site is "by the fans, for the fans" and you fail on both categories.

The only mystery to me is why you haven't been blocked like all the other trolls. And if consider to post the crap that currently serves as your opinion - then it is something that I think the moderators should look into.
He's not saying anything different to what most of us have been saying since the end of last season. Why is that trolling?
Look at our league position if you think relegation isn't an issue.
We said all along we were an experienced prop short, and it's clear our backs in particular have been underperforming.

Take a look at all the points he made:

We all know that for a piece of fortune in France Wigan would already be rooted at the bottom of the league.

TRUE

I said before the season got going that the Wigan pack just isn't big enough, and Wigan desperately need a prop, and a very good one at that.
Feka is doing all the heavy stuff and he's just a 20minute man, Fieldon isn't doing the work Feka is doing, he's more like a second rower really in work rate.

TRUE, and just what we've all been saying.

Wigans backs can almost match any team so talk of dropping Ashton or Richards like i've read on other threads is crazy. No back, however classy can work behind a week forward line.
The problem my be that Wigan have spent too much of the precious salary cap on Fieldon whereas that could have financed 2 heavy weights.

TRUE, although I'd be more inclined to blame DV's salary, rather than Fielden's.

Lokk at what he's saying, rather than the fact he's a Wire fan; not trolling, just the bitter truth.
Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

primrose-n-blue posted:
Relegation, dare i be the first to post it, so be it.
I'm not trolling, its a real threat.
The problem my be that Wigan have spent too much of the precious salary cap on Fieldon whereas that could have financed 2 heavy weights. :blush:
Good post PnB. Totally agree with the points mentioned. :conf:
I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When the Wiganers win and the Leythers lose.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

My point was Geoff that pnb always appears when Wigan are not doing well - he loves to come on hear and try and rub our noses in it. I don't think that any Wigan fan needs to be told that we are not doing very well this season.

He offers no constructive criticism - makes ridiculous statements - like briers being in the same class as Barrett and obviously takes a great deal of pleasure in our misfortune. I for one would not go on another teams website message board and start gloating about the fact that they are not doing very well. I am not sort of person; I was raised far better than that. What business is it of a wire fan how Wigan are doing? Do you think that his smug musings are done out of sympathy? Thought not

pnb is motivated by petty jealous and enjoying the misery of others - is that someone we really need on here?

If he were a stains fan then he would have been banned ages ago - why make an exception because he's from a club none of us cares about?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

I agree with Matthew. He is a wind-up merchant and should've been banned long ago.

He may be making some valid points but he does not make them, as we would, with a view to improving OUR team.

It really is a very sad way to behave.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
primrose-n-blue

GeoffN posted:
Why is that trolling?
Look at our league position if you think relegation
Lokk at what he's saying, rather than the fact he's a Wire fan; not trolling, just the bitter truth.
Thank you GeoffN...If I was trolling I know that you would be the 1st to let me know.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

primrose-n-blue posted:
GeoffN posted:
Why is that trolling?
Look at our league position if you think relegation
Thank you GeoffN...If I was trolling I know that you would be the 1st to let me know.
what are you doing on here 2day of all days as your team not been playing :angry: :angry:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
primrose-n-blue

Matthew posted:
primrose-n-blue talked crap as usual by saying:
I'm not trolling
Mathew please don't quote me as saying something I have not.
Please take the quotes of my post but don't invent your own.
I would never say them, and when I talk of Wigan, its about the club not "you" as you say it.
Find those quotes Mathew if you can and show them to the mods, I will gracefully hang my head in shame and grant you wishes of never posting on this site again if you can!! You can quote me on that!!!
I have of many occasions cheered on Wigan in games because Wigan have had more success in finals than Warrington but i'm a fan and the site is for the fans as you said...i'm a fan of rugby league period.

Cheers PnB
primrose-n-blue

mike binder posted:
what are you doing on here 2day of all days as your team not been playing :angry: :angry:
I was listening to Radio London to the Quinns v Wires game so I surfed as I was listening.
...Quinns 12 Wires 19 in case your might have been wondering. :roll: