Polite reminder to all users

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Polite reminder to all users

Post by Fraggle »

Dear all

I know everyone is angry and frustrated by recent showings by the team, including last Friday's display. However, that's not really an excuse for all the bad language that has been used on this website in the last 2 days. This is supposed to be a family-friendly website and I've had to edit a lot of messages because of the swearing.

Can I remind everyone that if you do feel you must use bad language, you must replace several letters with * or other symbols to disguise the word or words you are using (replacing an i with a 1 is not sufficient). Whilst I'm sure most of the visitors to the site will know what the words are, that's not a reason to allow such language to be shown clearly.

I will be happy to delete messages if the use of uncensured bad language continues, but hopefully a bit of self-restraint will cure the problem so that such measures will not be necessary.

Thank you for your co-operation in keeping this website a friendly place for everyone to visit.

Fraggle (site moderator)
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
- psycho -

Re: Polite reminder to all use...

Post by - psycho - »

f***in well said fraggle. :wink:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Wigan Watcher

Re: Polite reminder to all...

Post by Wigan Watcher »

No need for bad language or missing letters out of words!

If anyone has to use foul language in any description it is a sign of low intelligence.

warriors

Post by warriors »

Wigan Watcher posted:

If anyone has to use foul language in any description it is a sign of low intelligence.
Or you can type it in another lanuage, then 99% of the website dont know what it is but you do, and you have got the message through that you wanted to.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

warriors posted:
Wigan Watcher posted:

Or you can type it in another lanuage, then 99% of the website dont know what it is but you do, and you have got the message through that you wanted to.
On souvent ne trouve pas les messages qui ont été écrits en différentes langues.

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
warriors

Post by warriors »

Fraggle posted:
warriors posted:
Wigan Watcher posted:

On souvent ne trouve pas les messages qui ont été écrits en différentes langues.
There you go fraggle see, I have know idea what are typing but you do.

O and it looks funny.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Fraggle posted:

Comme "parle de text", par exemple?
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Fraggle posted:
warriors posted:
Wigan Watcher posted:

Does it mean that sometimes you cannot find words in another language ?

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Wigan Watcher posted:
Fraggle posted:
warriors posted: Or you can type it in another lanuage, then 99% of the website dont know what it is but you do, and you have got the message through that you wanted to.

Does it mean that sometimes you cannot find words in another language ?
I hope not, otherwise my French is even more rusty than I though. "Words" would have been "les mots" instead of "les messages".

But yes, I was stating that despite the suggestion of the earlier poster, in practice hardly anyone apart from myself, GeoffN and occasionally Robjoenz has ever written any messages in other languages, as far as I can remember, unless txtspk and gibberish are considered languages...!

[hr]
Antwigan

Post by Antwigan »

means

One often does not find the messages which were written in various languages

I think more along these lines:

Wigan RLFC は単語を越えて今ある。それらは私達によってがあらゆる正義にものは何でもである状態をしない。

or

el RLFC del Wigan ahora está más allá de palabras. No harían la situación que somos en cualquier justicia cualesquiera
Campions of the rugby world.