Lyndsey I hope you read this - Wigan need a prop(s)!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
primrose-n-blue

Lyndsey I hope you read this - Wigan need a prop(s)!!

Post by primrose-n-blue »

I've had 1 or 2 of you saying I don't say anything positive about Wigan. Perhaps your right but what positives can you take out of the season so far?
Tough question I think.
So here's another negative, but seen in the right light for those who wish to, then its a huge positive!

Uncle Mo, your Wigan team desperatly needs a quality prop. This team faces a huge test of stamina to avoid the drop without it.

Yes you have broken all records to bring in Fieldon, but he is no heavy weight.
He doesn't tire the opposition pack like Feka, but this one big prop cannot do this on his own,(he's a 20 minute prop).

You have got to get another and fast, better still two props to interchange and then move Fieldon into the second row and let him player the 80 minutes he so desires.

At Bradford, the mobile pack had the luxury of big men accross the park where the big stuff was shared, (Nobby knows this better than anyone), this most probably aided Bradford to get the best from Fieldon, you don't have such big men at Wigan!

I will go on record, if you don't get a prop you will very likely finish in a relegation spot.
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Re: Lyndsey I hope you read th...

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

i agree we do need another prop... but getting relegated if we dont? i'm not sure about this!it is a wildly bold statement to make! :doz:
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

primrose-n-blue

Re: Lyndsey I hope you rea...

Post by primrose-n-blue »

the-Bowtun-Warr ior posted:
i agree we do need another prop... but getting relegated if we dont? i'm not sure about this!it is a wildly bold statement to make! :doz:
I didn't say that, I said that Wigan would very likely finish in a "relegation spot" if you don't, there is a difference. what I said doesn't mean you will go down, who knows what rabbit from a hat could be conjured up! :wink:
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

the-Bowtun-Warr ior posted:
We will get relegatesd if the side does not perform we need another prop to challenge for 4 or above. As we are we will struggle to make the top 6.

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

primrose-n-blue posted:
I didn't say that, I said that Wigan would very likely finish in a "relegation spot" if you don't, there is a difference. what I said doesn't mean you will go down, who knows what rabbit from a hat could be conjured up! :wink:
As I posted elsewhere - due to the franchise system being introduced shortly and the fact that we are only behind leeds in the fan stakes will mean that we will get a franchise.

I thought that there was only one relegation spot - the bottom one (not including les cats of course)
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Panchitta Marra

Re: Lyndsey I hope you read th...

Post by Panchitta Marra »

primrose-n-blue posted:
I've had 1 or 2 of you saying I don't say anything positive about Wigan. Perhaps your right but what positives can you take out of the season so far?
Tough question I think.
So here's another negative, but seen in the right light for those who wish to, then its a huge positive!

Uncle Mo, your Wigan team desperatly needs a quality prop. This team faces a huge test of stamina to avoid the drop without it.

Yes you have broken all records to bring in Fieldon, but he is no heavy weight.
He doesn't tire the opposition pack like Feka, but this one big prop cannot do this on his own,(he's a 20 minute prop).

You have got to get another and fast, better still two props to interchange and then move Fieldon into the second row and let him player the 80 minutes he so desires.

At Bradford, the mobile pack had the luxury of big men accross the park where the big stuff was shared, (Nobby knows this better than anyone), this most probably aided Bradford to get the best from Fieldon, you don't have such big men at Wigan!

I will go on record, if you don't get a prop you will very likely finish in a relegation spot.
Yes you are correct in stating that Fielden is no heavy weight and cost us a fortune.
Fielden will come good and he has done a site more this season so far than the, also very expensive, heavy weight you have sitting recovering from surgery, and who you will no doubt miss again on the numerous times he will be suspended by the time his season & career has ended. Miss timed tackles or not.
Is that a big enough positive for you P&B.