CHRIS ASHTON - ON HIS WAY?!?!?!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

CHRIS ASHTON - ON HIS WAY?!?!?!

Post by turf »

FORGET about his recent form, but according to the Rugby League Weekly, it says that Ashton has actually ASKED to leave Wigan.

The article also says that Ashton AND his agent have been talking to RU clubs. Will he stay/last the season???????????

What in the hell is going opn in this lads head/mind?!?!?!

Any thoughts?
thegimble

Re: CHRIS ASHTON - ON HIS WAY?...

Post by thegimble »

turf posted:
FORGET about his recent form, but according to the Rugby League Weekly, it says that Ashton has actually ASKED to leave Wigan.

The article also says that Ashton AND his agent have been talking to RU clubs.

Any thoughts?
Mulla
Dosh
Dinero
Pounds
Money
Pres

If what you say is right then takwe your pick of the above.

Though in life it takes a specila individual to turn down more money from another employer especially when your contract is running out.
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

turf posted:

The article also says that Ashton AND his agent have been talking to RU clubs. Will he stay/last the season???????????

Any thoughts?
Has Ashton now taken over from your previous obsession with Dallas? Everytime you post, it's Ashton is too fat this, Ashton is crap that! There is nothing wrong with Ashton, the problem is simply we are expecting so much of him after a dream first season! Second season syndrome and all that! He is still a very raw talent, but talent he is. I know that Sale had tried poach Ashton not too long ago, but i can assure you he is not going to leave Wigan in the near future! Also, i saw Ashton in the gym last week training with O'carroll and while he has certainly put on a bit of size, non of it looks to be fat. He is just filled out!
turf

Re: CHRIS ASHTON - ON HIS ...

Post by turf »

No he has NOT taken over from Dallas thank you very much!!!! I am just posting an article and looking for people's thoughts.

It isn't just me by the way, who's saying that Ashton is a bit chunky. I reckon he must have been in his t - shirt when he was in the gym then. They usually train in vests don't they.

It is funny if there was only him and O'Carroll in the gym, where were the rest of the lads? Maybe, Noble has told Ashton to bulk up, you never know.

By the way, did you say anyting to Ashton or did you just see him?
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Looks like his mind and heart are not with us ,money talks maybe if we had got the cap sorted and he was on a improved deal this situation would not of arisen .

This is a bad thing for RL and not just Wigan ,we spend a portion of cap on young players and they end up playing somewhere else ,in this case not even the rite code .

I know this is a subject that we keep talking about but the way the cap is set up is wrong ,it encourages over seas signings ,look at our squad this year , it works in Aus but the threat of relegation isn't there.This means you have time to develop young players talent and not rush them .

It is sad to lose a player who could have become a great for us and GB but I think this may be a fact and not a rumor , it would explain his form early this season (not all the other players ) . :conf:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

turf posted:

Any thoughts?

My Arse :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
turf

Post by turf »

I wouldn't like to say if his heart is with us or not. He maybe just moving on but yet his heart might always be with Wigan, as he IS a WIgan born lad, so, you never know.

I also agree, that this maybe the problem for his early season form. Someone on the RLFansite says, "Ashton NEEDS to start to applying himself a LOT better on his rugby league".

They also say, "He NEEDS to stop being a cocky little b'stard, (oh god!!!! He's not that bad is he?!?!?!) and thinking he's King of the World. He will become another Kevin Brown".
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Maybe just Maybe he preffers Union. If the story is true and i see no reason to say it is not.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

If he wants out, get rid as soon as possible, if he dont want to be here, release and get another prop, we already have withers so no harm done.
turf

Post by turf »

If he prefers Union, (which I don't think he does) then why is he currently in Rugby League. PLus, wouldn't he be too small for Union.

The way the Union players pile onto each other, Ashton won't last very long and then he will be off the field injured.