PAUL SCULTHORPE FOR WIGAN?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Brian Edgar

PAUL SCULTHORPE FOR WIGAN?

Post by Brian Edgar »

Apparently, Paul Sculthorpe is available at the right price (£400,000) if Shaun McCrae is to be believed. Given that we could afford the asking price, the issue would be could we sign him and comply with the salary cap? How much financial strife must the Scousers be in to even consider selling their prize asset?

One has to say that this is an absolute masterstroke by McCrae to publically embarrass the Scousers and upset their camp in advance of the probable play off tie between them & Hull. Nice one Shaun! Now we all know what a mess the Mickey's are in and that Scully is available.
Deltic3

Re: PAUL SCULTHORPE FOR WIGAN?

Post by Deltic3 »

The question i have is do we really need him??

With all the outstanding youngsters coming through where would he play??

Hopefully one of the Aussie clubs will sign him and we won't have to listen to Baldy banging on about how great he is !!!!!!!!!!!1
Portsmouth Warrior

DANNY SCULTHORPE FOR WI...

Post by Portsmouth Warrior »

I think we already have all the Sculthorpe's that we need...........or at least the one that is showing future promise.
I think Paul is a spent force, it's about time Wigan stuck to a policy and stopped buying has beens.....we have all the experience we need in the side to bring the young guns through.
Pies are nice, and so are mice !!
redhead

Re: DANNY SCULTHORPE FOR WI...

Post by redhead »

Ive been advised by some bulls fans...wether this is true or wishful thinking on there behalf...is that they are to get paul scully next year?....like I say wishful on there half or like you guys say could be shaun playing devils advocate to get everyone talking...
the little walnut
Fraggle

Re: DANNY SCULTHORPE FOR W...

Post by Fraggle »

According to Sporting-life.com, Millward says The Walrus has contacted him to say the comment about Sculthorpe was taken totally out of context, with Millward and his chairman insisting that Sculthorpe is not going anywhere. With Scully having signed a long-term contract not too long ago anyone wanting to buy him would have to buy that out, plus pay any personal terms requested by the player himself, plus what is likely to be a pretty hefty salary... it's not really an attractive prospect for any team to spend that kind of money no matter who the player is.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
redhead

Re: DANNY SCULTHORPE FOR W...

Post by redhead »

no one nowadays is worth nearly going bankrupt for....also read today about shaun apolgising to the Saints lot....
the little walnut
Elaine

Re: PAUL SCULTHORPE FOR WIGAN?

Post by Elaine »

Its not the financal point here , the news going round is that Millward has got scullys sister pregant, thats why his wife as gone back to aus
Fraggle

Re: PAUL SCULTHORPE FOR WI...

Post by Fraggle »

Yawn. At least the rumour mongers have given up on Farrell and his missus. Who thinks up this cr@p? Even if it's true it's hardly any business of ours. The endless rumours in this sport regarding players' and coaches' private lives really do my head in.

As for Millward, my opinion is that he's looking less and less bothered about things this year and whilst his wife may have gone to Aus, I think he may join her soon. He doesn't seem to care about not being so successful this year. He and his team don't look very motivated. IMO it's only a matter of time before Paul Terzis takes over at Stains (note: that's just my personal opinion, not a rumour!)
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]