sallary cap isnt working

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mike binder

sallary cap isnt working

Post by mike binder »

After watching tonights game i have come up with the conclusion the sallary cap just isnt working.
Take nothing away from Hull KR they are doing very well, buth there is no way that a team from the lower leagues should beable to come up and after 5 weeks top super league.Yes i expect them to compete but not be top of SL.
It just proves that the standrd of our rugby as dropped to a all time low ,we cant compete with the Aussies and Kiwis .
We are producing the young talent but keep losing them to other games .
the influence of foreign players needs to stop now and clubs need to beable to spend 50% of all income on players wages ,what ever it is with no maximum ,this will then Give Whelan and the guy from warrington and a few more investors a chance to spend there monies.
Yes SL is alot more competetive but the standard is so low that we will never compete on the international stage again.
Ley us keep oyr young players playing together and let them play for the clubs they love and love playing for .keep them all together and this as to and must improve our standsrd ,until we change the system we will never compete at internatinol level again.
Dont tell me our standard is high after todays gane that proves thtas just a load of bull.
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
cpwigan

Re: sallary cap isnt working

Post by cpwigan »

The standard is poor Mike and it is getting worse. If you retain the ball for your sets, kick and chase, make your tackled you can make the play offs year in year out. Saints are the best team in the competition and to get where they have Anderson tightened them up completely, improved the defence and they then rely on red zone plays well honed and with dangerous plays.

It is dumbing down.

I watched an U21s match today and it was so frustrating. I stand behind the sticks to watch. Wigan score nearly every try attacking down the right. Try after try the Quins 13 players and 2 coaches assistants are spouting cliche after cliche and I felt like sgouting to them, where are Wigan scoring their tries, wouldn't it be a good idea to get an extra defender on that side of the field? 15 supposed professional and not one could think.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

mike binder posted:
After watching tonights game i have come up with the conclusion the sallary cap just isnt working.
Take nothing away from Hull KR they are doing very well, buth there is no way that a team from the lower leagues should beable to come up and after 5 weeks top super league.Yes i expect them to compete but not be top of SL.
It just proves that the standrd of our rugby as dropped to a all time low ,we cant compete with the Aussies and Kiwis .
the influence of foreign players needs to stop now and clubs need to beable to spend 50% of all income on players wages ,what ever it is with no maximum ,this will then Give Whelan and the guy from warrington and a few more investors a chance to spend there monies.
Yes SL is alot more competetive but the standard is so low that we will never compete on the international stage again.
Ley us keep oyr young players playing together and let them play for the clubs they love and love playing for .keep them all together and this as to and must improve our standsrd ,until we change the system we will never compete at internatinol level again.
Dont tell me our standard is high after todays gane that proves thtas just a load of bull.
Some good posts on here today and thats one of them, as I didnt think of it while watching the game but agree with most of what you are saying .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

mike binder posted:
You've soon changed your tune mike let me quote you from another recent posting you made (tonight )
" have to get a job like you lot ,how did you get some much spare time to work all that out great anaylis though mike ,i am a supporter of the sallary cap as it seems to be doing what it intends to do .But all think all clubs should be able to spend 50% of all there income what ever it is with no maximum.

mike binder

Re: sallary cap isnt worki...

Post by mike binder »

Fujiman posted:
mike binder posted:
You've soon changed your tune mike let me quote you from another recent posting you made (tonight )
" have to get a job like you lot ,how did you get some much spare time to work all that out great anaylis though mike ,i am a supporter of the sallary cap as it seems to be doing what it intends to do .But all think all clubs should be able to spend 50% of all there income what ever it is with no maximum.
i am a suporter of the sallary cap it is doing what it intended to do make SL more competetive ,but its not raising our standards as i have quoted it needs to be tinkered with to make it right and allow teams who earn the money to beable to spend it :wink:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

mike binder posted:
Fujiman posted:
mike binder posted:
i am a suporter of the sallary cap it is doing what it intended to do make SL more competetive ,but its not raising our standards as i have quoted it needs to be tinkered with to make it right and allow teams who earn the money to beable to spend it :wink:
The salary cap will never make things better. It will just drag the top teams down to lower levels.
XIII

Post by XIII »

I'm toatally against the salery cap, not just besause Wigan have had to let players go like Briscoe, Robinson, etc, but it's being proven now with lads like Chev Walker, Karl Price, and looking more likely Chris Ashton all moving to the Dark side. How can our great game move forward when good young talent is changing codes for the money. Mike I back you all the way pal.
Wigan Till I Die!!

We've had Barrett and Kenny, Edwards and Hanley, Boston and 8 IN A ROW!!!
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

mike binder posted:
Fujiman posted:
mike binder posted:
The salary cap will never make things better. It will just drag the top teams down to lower levels.
XIII

Post by XIII »

I'm toatally against the salery cap, not just besause Wigan have had to let players go like Briscoe, Robinson, etc, but it's being proven now with lads like Chev Walker, Karl Price, and looking more likely Chris Ashton all moving to the Dark side. How can our great game move forward when good young talent is changing codes for the money. Mike I back you all the way pal.
Wigan Till I Die!!

We've had Barrett and Kenny, Edwards and Hanley, Boston and 8 IN A ROW!!!
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

the salary cap has made the clubs more even and in turn the competition has become more exitng. but there is no reward for making a club more succesfull. if you are spending the full amount of the salary cap why try and get more spectators? you cant spend the money. why have a youth acadamy when you cant keep the players you prouduce or charge a fee when they leave? and the cap itself falls behind by not being increased every year to take into account inflation. if you want clubs to bring more youth players into the first teams then make them exempt from the salary cap. if you want less oversease players then redefine oversease players by simply saying any player who does not qualify for the G.B squad as oversease. put these things right and the cap is a good idea.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart