A ? for DaiJones

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
ian.birchall

A ? for DaiJones

Post by ian.birchall »

No, I'm not going to ask if Wales will win the wooden spoon, that would be too cruel :). The ? is this: after yesterdays performance from the two new English no 10's will we see Farrell in the Rugger Buggers Rugby Union (they always like to leave that word out when talking about it) World Cup squad, my thought is perhaps but not playing the top flight games against any of the teams with a realistic chance of making any impact, if Super Johnny is fit and has to be included in the squad I can see him being inside centre which leaves no room for Faz.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
- psycho -

Re: A ? for DaiJones

Post by - psycho - »

surely w'd play our strognest team and flood was good, but wilkinson is alot better. watch for barkley challenging at centre :wink:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

ian.birchall posted:
No, I'm not going to ask if Wales will win the wooden spoon, that would be too cruel :). The ? is this: after yesterdays performance from the two new English no 10's will we see Farrell in the Rugger Buggers Rugby Union (they always like to leave that word out when talking about it) World Cup squad, my thought is perhaps but not playing the top flight games against any of the teams with a realistic chance of making any impact, if Super Johnny is fit and has to be included in the squad I can see him being inside centre which leaves no room for Faz.
Out wide Faz is exposed to pace, as was shown against the paddy's. Everyone else wasnt outplayed in the backline that day too. The forwards got demolished by the Irish to allow little creation. I would still pitch Faz at No 10 against any player union has to offer. He has played at the top level, in a top game in critical positions.

Rugby League - too tough for Johny and the rest of the Kick & Clap brigade.
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

Hello Ian.
And I thought my annual postal avalanche of gift wrapped wooden spoons had ended after 2005!

In answer to your question, I'm not that sure that the hoop la over England's latest posh blonde boys off the conveyor belt is entirely justified. I'm not convinced they'll entirely fancy a desperate Wales, a hysterical crowd and a hormonal Charlotte Church next Saturday, in which case the conviction that all of a sudden last Sunday was the single finest sporting display since David bent the rules and felled Goliath will be forgotten again and Faz will be thrust back in.

He will go to the World Cup for definite, how big a part he will play depends on many factors: Catt living that long, Jonny being fit , Tindall being fit or not made Duke of Gloucester and the likelihood that Geraghty and Flood's debuts will be seen in some sort of context and people realising that the strength in depth is not what they think.

Here's my scenario:-quarter final or something, Wales are 22-12 up and all over England, Jonny clueless, Shanklin and Shane running rings round Tindall and Catt, in desperation Ashton throws Faz on and, hey presto, England squeak into the semis after a Robinson hat trick all set up by the flat nosed genius from Hawkley Hall
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

DaiJones posted:
Hello Ian.
And I thought my annual postal avalanche of gift wrapped wooden spoons had ended after 2005!

a hysterical crowd and a hormonal Charlotte Church next Saturday,
Surely not, I was rather hoping it would be the woman MrsB always refers to 'as your girlfriends on' whenever the delightful,delicious and gorgeous Katherine is on leading the singing on Saturday. Tell me it is so.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Stev0

Post by Stev0 »

I vaguely remember him playing inside centre for the lions and he didn't impress although the team were well beaten and nobody really stood up... It wouldn't surprise me though, i mean who drops a winger playing fullback but playing it like a wing, and brings in another club winger to fill the role..and to top it all off doesn't Robinson play fullback for Sale and Cueto wing.... it's all a little complicated for me.
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

Don't worry Ian, KJ is our official "mascot" and will be warbling Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau as well as ever (I'm a big fan too)
Last time we had a big game in Cardiff we wheeled Mrs Henson and Max Boyce out as well but in her present conditon she'll just be bawling from the stands
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

DaiJones posted:
Don't worry Ian, KJ is our official "mascot" and will be warbling Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau as well as ever (I'm a big fan too)
Last time we had a big game in Cardiff we wheeled Mrs Henson and Max Boyce out as well but in her present conditon she'll just be bawling from the stands
At least she should be sober!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

DaiJones posted:
I've not seen or heard of Max Boyce for many years, probably since Ms Church was still a baby, but I didn't think he was *that* bad...!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

Max is a bona fide legend Fraggle, his 'Live at Treorchy' album is rightly a comedy trailblazer. His act hasn't changed a great deal since 1978 but why should it?