Re: The official " your n...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
browns_babe06

Post by browns_babe06 »

it's his choice to leave

if he does want tom paly for wigan he wont play his best.

So for the rest of the season he will just go and play rugby

So lets just give him a break and the rest of the squad just concentrate on the league
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

i've posted my opinions on another thread...but they go along the lines of:

get on with supporting anybody who dons the charry and white shirt!

and as for the offensive f-word chant...no need. instead of waisting your time singing that get behind somebody else and sing for them!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

browns_babe06

Re: The official " yo...

Post by browns_babe06 »

well said just what i was trying to say
Bear

Post by Bear »

Keep him away from wigan wearing S**t like that.

WHO WOULD WANT TO GO TO YAWNION from the only true rugby sport!

Let him have nothing to do with us

No training, no talking to the players... Im disgusted with him. i think he is a disgrace when he ws going to become Wigans highest paid player. I hope he does crap in union :angry: :angry: if i go any further it wouldnt be suutable for this board

I HOPE YOU READ THIS ASHTON!
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Think Phil Clarke should get more abuse than Ashton he sits preaching the cap and us shipping out youngsters and he is in partnership with is brother he as inside knowledge how can he get paid off the back of league and then get young talent to swap codes .

On a more worrying note they are agents for Hock Goulding and other young players think we may lose more before this is sorted :exc:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

lucky 13 posted:
Think Phil Clarke should get more abuse than Ashton he sits preaching the cap and us shipping out youngsters and he is in partnership with is brother he as inside knowledge how can he get paid off the back of league and then get young talent to swap codes .
Yes Phil Clarke is the biggest hypocrite around as far as I am concerned. He has even had the cheek to comment on the Ashton situation to the effect of "you can't blame the player" without declaring his obvious interest.

Phil Clarke is making money out of Ashton leaving and he has the gall to talk about young players not being retained at Wigan?

I remember a few years ago Dave Whelan banned a few ex-Wigan directors who joined the Saints board from the JJB.

Well I for one would welcome DW banning Clarke from the JJB. Sky would have to say why and it would expose the hypocrisy of Clarke.
On a more worrying note they are agents for Hock Goulding and other young players think we may lose more before this is sorted :exc:
This is a major concern. More so than the potential loss of Owen Farrell in my opinion. He is 16 and not about to break into the Wigan team and given his Dad now lives elsewhere (I assume) I am not even sure why we would expect him to join the club whereas if players like Goulding go we are in trouble and will be reduced to signng overseas players once again.

Dave
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

I'm with Bowtun on this one.

I am sure that Ashton is aware of what Wigan fans think of his move to RU. Wearing the shirt was an incredibly silly thing to do - and I admit pretty disrespectful.

However in the same way Ashton has done what is best for him; we must do what is best for us. When Withers is fit; he must start at fullback. While we have enough players, Ashton can amuse himself in the academy thinking about what he will do with his new found wealth. If we are short, then Ashton must play. He was probably the club's best player last year and remains one of the few of our backs with real pace.

We still have a season to think about - just because we have won a couple of games so far; it would be unwise to get side-tracked by what a unproven 19 year old plans to do next season. As upset as we all are, our focus must be on the success of the club.

At the end of the day, the RU offered him far more money than we could and whilst I would have liked him to stay at Wigan, I don't think that he would ever have been as good as Rads (who was IMO was far better at this stage of his career). No one player is bigger than the club and it's not like his decision will cause us lasting damage (unlike the trend of players defecting to RU). He has decided that money is the most important thing for him and that's his decision.

Personally I don't think that Ashton will be that much of a success in RU - it's a different game and it will take him at least a couple of years to adjust - time which RU fans are unlikely to give him. He is far from the finished article in RL - so I can't see him walking into RU and playing for England in his first couple of seasons. But like I said - he is no longer our concern.

By booing Ashton, it is likely to put him off his game - and that will adversely effect the team and is that something that we as fans want to do? I support Wigan Warriors Rugby League - not the Chris Ashton fan club.

If you want to make your feelings known; write him a letter (and I am NOT for a nanosecond suggesting that people should send death threats or hate mail) stressing how disappointed you are with his decision - as at least that might motivate him to put in 100% effort for us for the rest of the season.

In a perfect world, every Wigan born player would want to play for Wigan for all of their career (and I would point out that we have discarded lots of players that did want to) - however this is the real world of business and the oppressive salary cap, so we have to be realistic. Ashton may have decided to go to pastures new (and as I said, the shirt thing was stupid and wrong) - but that's his decision and there is nothing that will change that now; as even if Northampton are relegated it is likely that the RU will find another club for him.

It's just not worth getting into a hate-fueled frenzy over - life is too short
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

very poor on Chris's behalf, he should of figured out that we the fans are not going to like the fact he had that picture taken, drop him to acadamy and give another youngster the chance after all we allready have Withers, use Ashton if and when needed for injury cover, the cocky little shit :angry:
Champions

Post by Champions »

pieater-alex posted:
I think loud cries of " your not fit to wear the shirt " are set for the Hull game after that picture.

WE'VE SHOWN FAITH IN ASHTON AND GAVE HIM THE HONOURABLE NUMBER 1 SHIRT WHICH HAS HAD MANY GREATS WEAR THAT SHIRT AND WHAT DOES HE DO SIGN FOR UNION AND THEN HAS THE CHEEK TO WEAR THE RUGBY UNION SHIRT.

So on that note " chris ashton is a w****r is a w****r cries are also to be yelled at Hull :exc:
I actually really hope this doesn't happen. Yeah, I'm not happy with his choice, but thats what it is...his choice. I don't think booing him and shouting abusive things at him is really going to make him want to put effort in his last yar at the club. I shall still be cheering him as long as he wears the cherry and white shirt, just as I did with Carney when he decided to leave. He is still a Wigan player in my eyes, until the end off the year...and aslong as he continues to play with effort, I won't think of him any differently. Also, he may not have wanted his picture taken in the shirt, but may have been required to when he signed. And to be fair to the lad, with the length of most players careers, and the constant risk of injury, of course he is going to go where the money is.
I'm not happy he's gone, but I'll still support him until he leaves, and wish him all the best in his new career path.
........and on the 8th day, God made Wigan Warriors!
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Bear posted:
Keep him away from wigan wearing S**t like that.

WHO WOULD WANT TO GO TO YAWNION from the only true rugby sport!

Let him have nothing to do with us

No training, no talking to the players... Im disgusted with him. i think he is a disgrace when he ws going to become Wigans highest paid player. I hope he does crap in union :angry: :angry: if i go any further it wouldnt be suutable for this board

I HOPE YOU READ THIS ASHTON!
Well i've been a wigan fan for over 30 years and supported most who wear the shirt, and have been one to support Ashton this season.

But the photo makes me sick and I agree with the above fully.

He should go for that...get him working in the bar under the east stand then see what people think.